Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNo more camping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more camping
    Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 8:42pm
Well, I gave her a good washing this afternoon and put the cover on the Pod Today, the temp got up to almost 60 d/f today and I though what the heck. I know it was expensive but we bought the Forest River factory R Pod cover, it has heavy material and will last, I hope as long as we will be poddin. As soon as I got her washed and covered, I wanted to take to cover off and head out, It's going to be a long winter.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 11:07pm
Winter camping is calling you....
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 11:33pm
We are on the other side of the country and commiserate with you too. Our pod is in the driveway awaiting its winterizing and a bath and its cover. When oh when will the camping season arrive? Till then, relax, stay warm and dry, and let next years planning begin. Safe travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 7:21pm
Dsmiths....I too bought the FR cover....seems goof quality.  A tad short in my opinion but fits nicely otherwise.  
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:13pm
RacerX, ours fits our 172 perfectly, it even has enough slack to cover the spare tire on the rear. It has pocket area on top to give extra room for the roof air, antenna and vent. After a week or so I will crack the vent a little bit and crack a window to make sure there is no moisture problem, I did'nt have any mold or moisture problem last year. I came up with a solution to putting the cover on as Donna hollars at me for getting "rammy" I roll the cover out on the drive way with the weather side up, I roll the front 1/2 the way back, and the back 1/2 way forward, I tie it up with a bungee cord and fold in 1/2. Up the ladder and lay across the middle about the center of the a/c unit. flip the halves over, take off the bungee cord and roll the front toward the front and the back toward the rear. I have a push pole I can kind of adjust it as it rolls out. takes every bit of 10 minutes, climb down , tie off corners. I usually take some bubble rap and tape to the corners at the front and rear so if the wind gets to whipping it does not wear a hole through the cover. Sweet Dreams Little Pod, se ya next spring. Cant wait, hurry up.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Paige View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:46pm
We are the second owners of our 177. It came with a cover but we have not put it on yet,. The first owner of this pod posted on youtube, how he put the cover on with two poles. We head south soon to our winter home in Ft. Myers. The Florida sun can do a number on vehicles and trailers,,,so when we are not camping,,,the cover will be on!
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:09pm
Nice system.

I am 6'4"....so once I get the front on...my wife uses a step ladder.....ai can just pull it across and it slides right on. Mine also has the A/C extra,room.  Like I said....just a tad,short....only covers,wheels about top 1/3.  Sure the risers add to the shortness.

Hurry up Spring.
 Post Reply Post Reply