Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
thadd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the world of Podding
    Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 6:53pm
I'd love to see some pictures of your installation if you have them. I've been trying to figure out the best way to put a larger sewer hose tube on my 177 and welcome any ideas.

On the question of where to get the tube, I found these http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/64-inch-e-z-hose-carrier-black/60174 and they come in a variety of sizes. Once I figure out how/where to mount it I'll go ahead and get one.
Burt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 6:50pm
Greetings back to you!

Good question on the sewer tube.  I got the name off the original sewer tube that came with the POD.  It was only about 2-1/2 feet long.  It will not fit a rhino tube.  The name on the tube is www.dwincorp.com and their phone is 800-255-0829.  Their "super tube" size fits the rhino hose.

I installed ours on the same side as the clean out fittings just forward of them with the end that opens toward the tongue.  The fit was just about perfect for the 171 and I don't know about the 177 you have.

The installation was easy.  I found out the floor thickness, drilled appropriate fastener holes (on the RPOD site is your floor and sidewall thicknesses) and using stainless steel screws with silicone applied, I fastened them up into the side wall first, then into the floor.  The Super Tube comes with ears with holes in them for the fasteners and it worked perfectly.

Like you, we didn't want any septic issues inside the POD, so this was a first priority for us.

This should help you get going on it and keep your POD safe from infectious material or smells.

Burt
ReddOrion View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 3:15pm
Thanks, Burt!

Couple quick questions for you if you happen back on this thread. Currently we are storing our dump tubes in a rubbermaid box in the rear storage area. The dealer set us up with the big Dominator tube. Kinda funny name, but I guess you don't really want a waste tube to be too meek! Did you mount a larger dump tube holder under your trailer frame on the right side, or where did you mean?

As for your R-Dome, did you go with the button snaps to secure the front and back or just suction cups? We are going to unfold ours in the back yard in a week or two and install it for a night, and I do not want to add screw holes to the nice new exterior.

We're putting some good blackout curtains in the "bedroom" as well. I don't relish the idea of having blinds above my head as we both like to read before heading to sleep.
Jason & Kim
2013 RP-177 HRE
2005 Tahoe LT
Burt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 11:27am
Jason and Kim:

You're just like us.  We got our first POD last year, a 171 and thoroughly enjoy it.  We've been out only 3 times because we got it late last year.

Your mods are the perfect firsts.  We changed ALL our lights to LED's right away.  For storage, we found that the Home Depot "HOMER" buckets fit perfectly under the mattress area.  We put tape on top to tell us what's in them.  Also, used a homer bucket to put an opaque empty vinegar jug with an 18 foot led string into it, poked a hole in the homer bucket and in that configuration, it is a good porch light...looks like a pumpkin.  If you pull out the vinegar jug, you have a nice bright LED string to see stuff with.  LED's are the way to go.

We also added a long dump tube holder on the right side to fit the RHINO tube.  It's real handy placed right there.

Other than some inside foo-foo stuff, it's all ready to go this year.  My wife is making blackout curtains for the bedroom area and we have used the 3M stickup stuff to hang a few accessories.  I'm in the process of cutting up and routing some high density plastic to put over the kitchen sink for use as a cutting board.

We also found some great small plastic boxes at the Container Store that fit nicely under the sink area.  They are clear enough to see what is inside them.

For known camping, there's the deal in Seaside and there is also a Country music festival in Brownsville sponsored by Bi-Mart. Both are in August.

When we were camping at Crow Butte, an island in the Columbia river, we had our RDOME out, the Orange Homer bucket lit up at night, sitting in the tent and had many people come by and ask us what this is and where did we get it.  After that, we thought the factory should hand out a stack of brochures for us to hand out.

Happy Trails

Burt, Laura the White Tornado, and Buddy the Wonder Dog

rex View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 5:19am
Welcome to the world of podding;Happy trails to you rex pHp stuart flaThumbs Up
jrr
LarryK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 10:21pm
We love our 177 HRE! You will, too.

2012 R Pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab
4.7 Liter V8
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:00pm
   Welcome from the Midwest.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 10:12pm
Welcome!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 9:00pm
You are going to have some fun times in the little pod, people looking and pointing, what is that ?, where did you get that ?, ohh you can stand up in it ??
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
coopercdrkey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:01pm
Greetings and congratulations from the other side of the country!

Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>