Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPan Pacific RV in French Camp, CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pan Pacific RV in French Camp, CA
    Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:24pm
My purchase experience was with Pan Pacific RV in French Camp, California. French Camp is just south of Stockton on the I-5.

All in all I am very impressed. My wife and I stopped by for the first time on the way home from Truckee in October. We had several hours in the truck to talk about the possibility of getting a 177 this year so we looked for authorized dealers. We found that Pan Pacific was on our way home and not too far away from our residence so we stopped in.

The salesman we talked to was extremely helpful. They actually had three HRE pods on the lot to look at, including the 177 that we finally ended up with. I believe there was a 171, a 177 with all the bells and whistles, and a 177 base model. Even though it was mid-October and we told the salesman we could not purchase until January, he took the time to show us around and look at other trailer options as well. When he showed us their sale price on the 177 we were looking at, we were shocked at how affordable it was. So the next day I called in and put a deposit down. 

The support staff was great, and kept in contact with us while we secured finances. Their communication and responsiveness was good even during the Christmas and New Years holiday times. Since we had purchased the "stripped down" 177 with no tv, microwave or AC, we had the service guys add a Coleman AC to the pod. This was done before we even finalized our purchase, and everything was ready to roll when we showed up for pick-up.

When it came time to pick up our new 177, I walked with the parts manager through the whole department. He was very thorough (and suggested 95% of what I had written down as needing) and was careful not to try to up-sell me past what was actually needed. Their stock in the store had nearly everything that I needed, although I did run them out of 921 LED lights Clap. They even found an R-Dome in stock at another branch that I was able to purchase there and pick up later that afternoon.

When we took our walk through the trailer, we were shown everything from stem to stern. Everything was explained in detail as well as some things to watch out for that I would not have thought of on my own.

All in all, both my wife and I are very pleased with the whole experience at Pan Pacific. When it comes time to get another TT (yeeeesh...!) we will be happy to return there. I can wholly recommend the guys and gals at Pan Pacific in French Camp.
Jason & Kim
2013 RP-177 HRE
2005 Tahoe LT
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 5:07pm
Glad you had a good experience, (as did we...).

A list of "watch out fors" would be helpful, just in case we have missed any.
Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
ReddOrion View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 11:47am
In the next couple of weeks I'll go over the pod again and see if I can write the "watch for" items down. It was pretty basic stuff, but I would never have thought of some of it if I hadn't been told.

Unfortunately the pod will have to sit by itself this weekend.... the snow (our Sierra cement, that is) is calling my name. Tongue
Jason & Kim
2013 RP-177 HRE
2005 Tahoe LT
 Post Reply Post Reply