R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew guy here - possible leak?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New guy here - possible leak?
    Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 7:53pm
Welcome!  I bought from the same dealer. We are having a camping weekend next weekend jan 25-27. At French creek state park. Your welcome to come  Not sure on your leak problem. Was the unit totally closed?

Our-pod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 6:01pm
Hello all,
I am a brand new 182G owner. I picked it up last weekend from Stoltzfus RV and I've been busy making a few minor mods and getting everything set up.

This afternoon I noticed a funny thing. I opened the rear "garage" and found that there was some water in the bottom of two of the formed recesses. It has rained here over the last week so I'm concerned that there  could be a leak. No warping of any of the side panels. I felt all around and can't track to any source. 

Last weekend during set up I had the rear garage open during some light rain/ misting. I don't think that enough could have gotten in to account for the water, but I'm not entirely sure. 

The weird part is that, assuming it is a leak, you would expect ONE of the recesses to have water. The leak would travel to the lowest point. But two?  It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I've looked around the forum and I can't find any reference to leaks in the garage models. 

Any help or advice is appreciated.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12