R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue
    Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 5:47pm
Just got off the Phone with Jeff at Paha Qué Custom, Inc. about the Visor.  They are having a special 20% off till Friday 2/22/13.  List $269.00 sale of $215.20 plus shipping.  Very easy to deal with and looking forward to getting the Visor!

http://www.pahaquecustom.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PQWO&Product_Code=RPVSR&Category_Code=cawn
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:56pm
I ordered one....costly still, but I really like the idea and ease of use.
The Pod Squad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 9:48pm
Thanks for posting.  I was going to wait until the spring but I will order tomorrow so I can get the deal.  What colour did you order by the way?
The Pod Squad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 2:13pm
I just ordered a visor but I need to know the inside diameter of the awning rail.  Do you buy chance have the 2011 R-Pod 177?  My R-Pod is in winter storage and it's not that easy to access so I thought maybe someone could help me out.
Thanks,
Tania
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 3:23pm
As I mentioned on the other thread with this question, the diameter has varied over the years so the best bet is to call FR and have them look it up for your pod.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 11:58pm
Just a quick question for anyone that has this.  How well has your poles held up?  Also is there any protection on the ends of the pole to protect your rpod?  Are all of yours silver or do some people have a green color Awning?
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 10:22am
My visor had a perfect fit to the awning rail.  So perfect that the Pod's OEM round head screws would not allow the visor to slide through the rail.  Any smaller diameter and the visor would probably pop out.  So I replaced all of the rounded screws with flat-head stainless screws. I found out that my R-Dome also now slides on more smoothly without having to bump into the rounded heads.
TIDALWAVE
sammycamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 11:57pm
I love our r-Dome, but the round-head track screws are terrible. I don't understand why the mfr did that. Same problem in the bottom track for the screen skirt. I don't have the time/patience right now to replace them. The dome really proved itself a couple weeks ago. We got to our site just about sundown, so I did a rush job of setting up the dome. Still, I put our 2 dogs inside the dome in their crates, and the sky dumped about 2-years-worth of rain that night. I don't remember the last time I experienced such a relentless cloud thrashing. Still, the dome and our dogs were fine when we got up the next morning.

Just the same, this visor thing is so cussed cute, I may just have to get one for quickie outings when it's impractical to setup and take down the dome.

Sam
2012 rPod 173
2008 Trailblazer 4WD V6
RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 5:45am
Has anyone ordered a PahaQue Visor for a new 178, 181g or 182g with a trailer length of 20'0"? If so, can you post a picture?

Thanks RRL
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 9:45am
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

Just got off the Phone with Jeff at Paha Qué Custom, Inc. about the Visor.  They are having a special 20% off till Friday 2/22/13.  List $269.00 sale of $215.20 plus shipping.  Very easy to deal with and looking forward to getting the Visor!http://www.pahaquecustom.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PQWO&Product_Code=RPVSR&Category_Code=cawn

The following is only my view and does not reflect anyone else's views - Take it for what it worth but just letting people know what may happen to you.

/start rant

I ordered My R-Pod Visor silver/Blue for my 2009 Early Model Visor on Feb 18, 2013. Was billed right away to my Credit Card. Original Product Shipped 3/29/2013 and received in an old screen box (like a screen you would put in a windows 8 LBS shipping weight). Found out that the wrong rope size was installed on the Awning. Package picked up and sent back to them on 4/22/2013 with a piece of my cording. Another awning was shipped out and received 5/21/13 (shipped in a nice UPS Express Tube 6 LBS shipping weight) Called and spoke to Jeff on June 21, 2013 that the poles were damaged as the cord is snapped (UPS was blamed for the damage). Jeff was going to have a new pole shipped and to me by June 28th. June 28th called after not seeing the pole arrive to talk to Mike Greaves who knew the poles had not shipped and was planning to call me for the last few days about that. He was shipping new cord for me to record the pole due to be at my office 7/2/2013. Also the guy lines have the wrong Keder sew to it. It has the Thick style! Does no one check what is shipped before they send it? They overnighted new poles and also guy lines with the correct Keder to them. Took camping on July 4th and went to setup the awning and as soon as we ran the pole through the awning the awning ripped. best thing I did with it was throw it out and cut my loses.

A few Items (3 big items) I have noticed about this company and the website:

e-mail listed on the site does not work -

Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: happytrails@pahaquecustom.com
Reason: Remote host said: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17)

no contact information on the site only a chat that if they are not available brings up a form to fill out which they do not reply to - I have filled it out 3 times and got no answer. No I did not call them after this thing ripped as I'm Madder than a long-tail cat in a room full of rockin’ chairs.

only place I found a phone number was on the third banner ad.

My personal experience with this company has not been good others may have lucked out with them.

/end Rant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>