R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue
    Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:56am
I look forward to your update, Old and Mrs Dingo. I really would like this visor thing to work. We got our Pod in October of last year, and really have not had a good weather outing with it yet. The first was the best weather, because it was just October cold; but the Pod hadn't been weather sealed properly at the factory, and we couldn't keep it warm. Our dealer took care of that problem, but every trip since has been dominated by nasty weather. However, the rDome has impressed us every time. The first time, we were just impressed by its size and versatility. On another trip, we camped through multiple serious downpours. The Pod itself is kind of a nice experience in hard rain, because it feels like such a cozy wrap-around protection from the storm. The rDome, though, was amazing. We leave our dogs in crates under the Dome, and they stayed nice and dry in spite of the extremely heavy rainfall all around them. On another trip, it absolutely saved the dogs and us from the most mosquito infested weekend we have experienced in years, plus lots of drizzle. The netting doesn't appear to be no-see-um proof; but it sure does the trick for the bugs we experienced. On the most recent trip, the Dome withstood amazingly strong and relentless winds for 3 days and 2 nights. That particularly surprised me, because it seems like I'm trying to stack a house of cards when I'm putting the Dome up. Once everything's in place, though, it's a remarkable shelter (I'm knocking on wood here).

None-the-less, the will be occasions when we just don't have the time or will to setup the Dome. I think a visor extending the full length of the track would be an awesome solution for those situations. It would seem to me that running the full length of the track would add more stability to the visor than the shorter version; so I'm anxious to read your next report. If they ever get it right, I hope they can keep it affordable.

Sam
2012 rPod 173
2008 Trailblazer 4WD V6
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 2:55pm
Please don't get your hopes up too high as I had promises from both Mile and Jeff which they NEVER FOLLOWED through with.  I just took the lost as I was unable to do a charge back on my credit card and they know that.  < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 8:11pm
sammycamper,
We had an r.dome and sold it. As we have a 181G, we do all our camping in the back of our 'pod at the "garage", we had no use for a room on the side. From what I've seen, they do quite well in inclement weather, just as long as you don't try to erect it on a windy day.

rpodcamper.com,
I've been back and forth with Mike since February, he has always responded. I will admit to doing a little "prodding" and they don't seem to "deliver" on their promises in what I would consider "a timely manner", but maybe that is because they are an entire continent away. In his defense, he has ultimately followed through on his commitments each time.

What I'm hoping for is a working visor which can be used as a pattern for subsequent r.pod visors. If we know that they simply will not work unless they are the full length of the track or have at least 18" of "drop", or whatever, we will have a starting point for any future units. Then maybe we won't have to go through all the trial, error, and frustration.
Old Dingo and/or Mrs. Dingo
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 9:39pm
I'm working with a VERY Local Company (less than 5 miles from my home) on a design that we feel just may work.  They are willing to working on it as trial and error.  I will post if we get it to work out.  

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

I'm working with a VERY Local Company (less than 5 miles from my home) on a design that we feel just may work.  They are willing to working on it as trial and error.  I will post if we get it to work out. 

I have lost faith in PahaQue as the one of the Owners Jeff will not follow through with what he says.  He told me he would do something and did nothing..... 

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 2:02pm
I know my update has been a long time coming but, the latest visor for my 181G is finally here!

After several e-mails from Mike about the size, we settled on a 170" visor. The track was a total of 190" long, but the rod wouldn't support the dry weight of a visor that long. I'm sure a wet day would be a "challenge".

The visor came on Friday the 4th and it rained on Saturday so we couldn't try it until today, Sunday.

We have found it is easiest to put the rod all the way through the visor, then put it in the track. After installation the visor worked just as promised! It stayed up, even if I pulled one side down, it "popped" right back up.      It even "needs" the hold down cords so it doesn't go too high! The visor covers both the window openings, so we can leave them open in a light shower.

So, in closing I would buy a visor from Paha Que without hesitation, just specify a 170" visor for the 181,182, or 178, in other words all with a 18' coach. For the shorter units, I think a 158" would be the right call.
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo

I know my update has been a long time coming but, the latest visor for my 181G is finally here!

After several e-mails from Mike about the size, we settled on a 170" visor. The track was a total of 190" long, but the rod wouldn't support the dry weight of a visor that long. I'm sure a wet day would be a "challenge".

The visor came on Friday the 4th and it rained on Saturday so we couldn't try it until today, Sunday.

We have found it is easiest to put the rod all the way through the visor, then put it in the track. After installation the visor worked just as promised! It stayed up, even if I pulled one side down, it "popped" right back up.      It even "needs" the hold down cords so it doesn't go too high! The visor covers both the window openings, so we can leave them open in a light shower.

So, in closing I would buy a visor from Paha Que without hesitation, just specify a 170" visor for the 181,182, or 178, in other words all with a 18' coach. For the shorter units, I think a 158" would be the right call.

That is great news to finally hear.  Been waiting for your update on it!  I hope you'll continue to throw some of your further dealings with your visor hear.  Would love to hear how a few more trips treat you and and it!

RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 7:11pm
Thank you for the update!! So good to hear they are making a visor to work with the longer models. Can you upload a pic? I am also curious to hear how it survives rain and dew -- we live in WA so always need to keep the raindrops in mind :)
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:47pm
Here are our pictures. It only takes 3-5 minutes to set up.

We really like this one a lot! Much better than the last 3 we received from Paha Que. They now know the correct measurements for any they make in the future.

Bob and Sylvia
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
chiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 11:18am
Bob,

Thanks for all your work on the visor.  I have had a new 2014 178 for a couple of months and have watched this tread for a while.  I had an older r pod and ordered an awning from Bear Creek Canvas which they made and shipped to me (several years back).  I had to put plastic tubing over their rope to make it fit in the awning rail.  The awning was great but didn't care for having to put up the support poles and ropes to hold the support poles in place each time I used it.  Gave it to the guy who bought my older rpod.

So, last week I ordered a visor from Mike (I think it was Mike but could have been Jeff) and he was a pleasure to work with.  I asked when they could get it done and shipped (remember this was Thanksgiving week when I ordered it).  He told me he thought they could get it done and shipped to me this Monday.  Much to my surprise I got an email on Monday afternoon with the UPS tracking number with an expected delivery of this Thursday.  I checked today and it is on a UPS truck and will be delivered to my home tomorrow (Thursday).

Very good and fast service and the measurements were based upon the success of your visor.

Thanks,

Rphelps
2017 180 "Frog" towed by 2017 Toyota Tacoma with co-pilot "Willow" a 80 lb Labradoodle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>