R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sale On R-Pod Trailer Visor by PahaQue
    Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:59am
Chiman,

Do you mind if I ask you the price?
chiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:03am
I was told they had a sale going on so the price was around $250 which included shipping
Rphelps
2017 180 "Frog" towed by 2017 Toyota Tacoma with co-pilot "Willow" a 80 lb Labradoodle
Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:57pm
chiman,
Glad to see someone take advantage of our "trials". I hope you are as satisfied as we are. Although we haven't taken the "pod" out since we got the latest visor, I have full confidence in it, based on the performance I observed with the smaller units. The much smaller, 150" unit, "almost" worked, it actually only failed when it got wet. (or resisting a strong breeze)   As it dried out in the sun (or when the breeze stopped), it would suddenly "pop" up in to the correct position.
Old Dingo and/or Mrs. Dingo
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
chiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 6:05pm
It arrived today as promised.  Right now it is just way to cold to try it out but will as soon as the cold snap passes.

Again, thanks for your efforts on this subject.

Rphelps
2017 180 "Frog" towed by 2017 Toyota Tacoma with co-pilot "Willow" a 80 lb Labradoodle
chiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm
Hi Bob,

Question for you:

Due to weather I have not had a chance yet to try the visor as stated in my posts.  Have smoothed out the ends of the awning channels but wanted to know from your post on putting he visor up by running the pole in first on the visor then putting the visor through the channel.  Question:  Did you have any trouble in doing so with the round headed screws in the channel hitting the bead on the visor or causing any problems at all?

There are quite a few of the round headed screws in my channel that seem like they may cause a rubbing problem but thought I would ask if you had any problems prior to my attempting to replace all my screws with flat head screws.  Any help on the subject would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Rphelps
Old Dingo&Mrs.Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 7:37pm
Hi chiman, We found installing the rod in the visor first made the process MUCH easier. I pushed the keder past most of the screws easily, if there was the slightest resistance, I could gently pull the leading edge of the visor away from the pod by the installed rod, reducing the pressure the keder exerted on the screw heads, and it slipped right by. I still have the original screws in my channel. Matter of fact I didn't even remove the sharp edge from the channel's end or spray silicone in it. No stool, no ladder, no sweat You'll love it!

Bob & Sylvia
Old Dingo and/or Mrs. Dingo
181G
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234