FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed40 pound propane tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40 pound propane tank
    Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Craneman

Holy cow Tars where do you live to camp in 14 degree temps, I'm shure not in Florida 
             Moe

Well, I live in Nashville but it's been 14° or less in the Smokies in January and February, the Canadian Rockies and Yellowstone in late summer, and Big Bend around Christmas time.  The old min/max thermometer I used to use only went down to 14, so that's all I can claim, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhat cooler.  None of those adventures has been in the pod; all were in a tent, sometimes with heat and sometimes not.

I think the coldest I've been out in the pod has been the lower 20s.  I took a chance and didn't winterize and was lucky enough not to burst any pipes, though I went through some propane that night to get some heat under the sink, etc.  And I set of the CO alarm due to redirecting my generator exhaust under the pod for the heat.  (I was outside and awake when the alarm went off about 1am.)  I'll dry camp next time it's that cold.

Of course that night was toasty, but I've been out on other not quite so cold nights, used much less propane and still stayed too warm in the pod.

TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123