Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.C. Poder looking for others
    Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 11:34am
Hi Zag,
I think you we're the pod we saw by Nanaimo? A question ,what kind of sway bars do you have and how do you like them?We were the pod you passed on Hwy1 going south.
Thanks and great to know other pods are on the island

TV 2012 Toyota Tacoma 6 cyl
Misha the Lab
Loving life and living it!
Zag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 11:44am
Hi,

I was up by Shawnigan lake a couple of weeks ago but not as for north as Nanaimo. Ironically, I did see another pod on that trip heading north during my return trip to Victoria.

I use a friction sway control bar (http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Pro-Series/83660.html) that came with the Pod when I bought it. As a newbie, I've only been out a couple of times and no long road trips yet so I can't personally comment on it but I've been told by more experienced RVer's that it's a good set up for the trailer size I have.

Do you have any favorite spots on the island?
2009 RP-152 (Cutie-Pod)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
bc matell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 11:51am
Lizard Lake is a 28 campground with a great little lake. Sometimes the day area by the lake gets a little crowded but thins out later in the day. It has a nice pier for fishing and you can walk around the lake.
What about you?
TV 2012 Toyota Tacoma 6 cyl
Misha the Lab
Loving life and living it!
Zag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 4:54pm
I've always enjoyed Sooke Pot Holes though I'm not sure how it would be for RVing. Again, it can get crowded in certain spots during the day but what a beautiful river.
A friend is a fan of Brannen Lake in Nanaimo; very family friendly.
2009 RP-152 (Cutie-Pod)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by bc matell

I looked up Seaside on Trip Advisor,it got quite a few bad reviews. Most of them were about a woman who was rude and nasty. The reviews were from 2012 and back so she might not be employed there anymore.Confused

We are going to attend this get together and my wife and I were in the area a month ago and talked to the gal in charge and visited for awhile seemed very hospitable to us. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
                 Moe and Jo 
Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

Bred Flink View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 10:32pm
Maybe we need a Canuck thread. Or a BC thread.
We pick up our new 178 march 15, then head to Vanc Isle (from calgary) march 21.
Gonna stay one night in Victoria area, probably at the RV-Marina place by the princess Mary in the outer harbour.....then head over toward port renfrew and camp on the beach somewhere by Jordan River. There's lots of beachcomber types who rough it on the beach during the low seasons. Didn't know about Lizard Lake. Is it a provincial or regional campground? Would it be open in March?
Last year we rented a motor home and spent an idyllic couple days on Denman Island, at a 10 space campground right on the beach, called Fillongley. Booked full during tourist season, but deserted in low seasons.
During the summer our pod will be parked at Koocanusa (25 mins south of Fernie) 
Sailing and camping Western Canada and US-NW
Zag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 1:38pm
Welcome (back) to BC! Enjoy your trip. The weather has been below average cold for us west-coasters but I'm sure you will have a good time regardless.

2009 RP-152 (Cutie-Pod)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by HavaPod

If you can get a reservation for the Seaside roundup in Oregon, it would be great to meet you hear more about BC. We have been through BC once on a great trip (before R-pod) on our way to Alaska to see our son who was working on a floating fishing lodge in Clover Bay near Ketchikan, Alaska.

Havapod, I believe this years round up is in charleston Oregon ,next to coos bay
             Moe
Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 1:04am
I reserved 40 full hookups. Down to 10 left. If you want to come better sign up now. Hopefully see you in September. Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
SaskaPods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 9:10am
Hello BC Podder.   About 10 years ago we ferried our motorhome to the island and spent two weeks with our young family there, staying at Miracle Beach and the Victoria KOA as our base camps.  We've returned to the island (not camping) and spent time at Campbell River in 2011 (if you do, you MUST eat at Dolphin's resort) - or splurge and spend the night in one of their cabins.  Take in the free shuttle to Quadra Island from the neighbouring "big" resort.    The Campbell River power station hike was good and the Qualicum River Falls hike was tremendous.  Of course, you can't miss the old growth forest either!   It is all so good - you're only trouble will be deciding how to fit it all in!  We look forward to the day when we can return to the island, this time with our RPod so we can fit into all those beautiful, cozy little campsites such as at Qualicum Prov. Park.
Ray, Annette & Tango the Cat
2013 Ford Escape
2010 rpod 173
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12