R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew 178!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 178!
    Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 8:40pm
We just got our new r-pod and are hoping to get it out on the roads soon. Looks likea great trailer!

I was a bit surprised to spend that kind of money on a new trailer from a local dealer, and no r-pod specific manual for upkeep and maintenance and what all. Even a PDF to down load would be better than a fifth wheel manual which is what was in the r-pod. What is up with that?

The 178 has a panel for a TV just as you enter to the left. We also have the TV/DVD thingy above the bed. If we load a DVD in the above the bed TV device, is it hooked to the cable that would lead to this second TV? Or would a DVD in the bed thing just play there?

And if we did mount a TV on the wall ( which feels like 1/32 inch thick) how could we mount a swing out TV holder? Do I need to mount a 1/2 plywood with glue/multiple screws in order to secure a swing out? Other wise I would worry any screws would just work out of the thin, thin RV wall.

Thanks for any suggestions....   
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 9:52pm
Welcome.  I started a "manual" here, you'll see it near the top of one of the sub-forums, but in general if you have any questions just ask and everyone will pile on.  You are right that what you get with your pod useless.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:34am
Honestly, the only trailer I have seen with a true, model specific owners manual, is Airstream, and I don't know if the newer ones have them like the old ones. Everyone who has seen the manual for ours is blown away by it's detail and info. We also have the factory repair manual.. it's fantastic also. 
bodie55 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:47pm
The tv/dvd over the bed is self contained.  You'd have to buy a separated device for a tv if you install one on the wall.  We didnt buy our pod with the optional tv mount in it, but I saw several while shopping. The dealer may know something about this.  We figured if the kids want to watch dvds, they can hang out in our bed.  Then we can enjoy peace and quiet by the campfire!

Bay Area Crew
2013 178 Beach Pod
F-150 SuperCrew
...sempre in viaggio sul mare...
 Post Reply Post Reply