R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTV antenna amplifier....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV antenna amplifier....
    Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 7:43pm
I went out and sat in our new 178 and turned on the TV/DVD player above the bed. I was surprised that even though we live in a big metro city, I couldn't get a TV channel.....until I pushed in that little button that lit up a red light and sucked in a whole bunch of TV stations. A miracle! And I could sit in the pod and watch the Celtics!

So question....is the other CATV outlet by the door also serviced by this amplifier? Or is the one over the bed the only one? 

Next week, the hot water heater!
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 9:56pm
My understandingis the outlet by the door is for incoming cable that some campgrounds supply.  I think it goes to the other coax connector on the plate and you move your tv cable over to that one.

I have never used it so please folks correct me if I am wrong.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:19pm
Our 172 has an external hook up for cable, it is on the side where the water hook up is. There are 2 connections, I was told one was for cable and the other for t.v. I have never used them. I think the little television can be switched on its input from t.v. to cable. have to do some research.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Alex&Marie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:42pm
This is yet another example of the need for better documentation from the manufacturer. Some simple line drawings of each of the basic systems would really help in understanding what we have. This group has been great in providing some for the electrical and for the water systems (generated by our members), but I haven't seen anything yet for the TV cabling.
Alex and Marie
2012 R-pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra
Jdub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 6:10pm
Ok, for those of you with a 178 I can tell you the CATV outlet by your door that services the flat screen TV you can mount on the wall, the TV amplifier services it as well. Just finished mounting a 19 inch TV/DVD combo with a swing out arm.  The CATV outlet does go thru the TV antenna amplifier and can pick up the same stations as the gizmo over the bed. 

The swing out works well in that it is easy to lift the TV off the arm for traveling and it just slides back on.

Now maybe i'll figure out how to use the box holding the gizmo over the bed to insert a decent sound system. Question is how to run speaker wire (and how to mount some decent speakers). Need my Miles Davis....

Post Reply Post Reply