This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExpecting our 172 in June!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expecting our 172 in June!
    Posted: 07 May 2013 at 5:07pm
Hi everyone! We are ThePinoyPodders - a newly wed couple who has finally invested in their first travel trailer! 

Before starting a family, we decided it was best to move away from our tent camping fun and make the investment in a trailer. I can only believe it will be much easier having an infant in a trailer vs. a tent!

It was somewhat fate that brought us to buy a r-pod. We were actually researching the Heartland MPG's and had our eyes set on one for over a year. Finally went to the dealer (which is a 2 hr drive to get to) and we were about to sign on the dotted line, when the dealer suggested we go out and just double check the tongue weight of the trailer. Heartland says they average 330lbs ... well to our surprise the MPG weighed in at just under 400lbs and it was empty! No propane, battery, h2o... Our SUV has a tongue weight limit of 350, so it obviously wasn't the trailer for us.

On the drive home, I decided to google r-pods (I had briefly come across them online when researching the MPG and remembered they were much lighter). With our budget, we couldn't afford a new unit.. but thankfully there was a listing for a private sale within an hour from our home town! After seeing the trailer and it's condition (practically mint!),and some negotiation, the contract was signed and we are now soon to be owners of a 2010 r-pod 172! 

We get to pick up the trailer next month as the current owner already had one last trip booked. (Our contract does include a clause if any damage is done up until when we pick up the unit) 

We hope to start a facebook fan page of all our adventures and any mods/tips we find along the way. Once we do I'll be sure to update with a link Smile

-ThePinoyPodders (Wife) 
francoisfrogpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 5:49pm
Congratulations on your purchase! We've only had our pod since February, but we really love it. It is so easy to camp in, set up and break down is so easy. You will love your pod when you get to use it! Be sure to post your adventures!

Denny and Linda

2013 Pod 177
'08 Santa Fe
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 8:01pm
Congrats...welcome and enjoy!  There is hours of fun info to read in here to help you out.  Have fun.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 8:49pm
Welcome!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 9:11pm
PinoyPods, congrats, Donna and I are working on season 3 with a 2011 RP-172. Pods are light, efficient , cool looking, modern, have a lot of goodies on the inside and are just flat out fun to use.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:04am
    Welcome to the forum its one of the great advantages of owning your Rpod. You will enjoy starting your  family with the Rpod 172, I agree with you it will be easier having the camper over a tent. The Rpods have a good Fantastic vent fan when it comes to changing diapers. Smile Hope you have many happy days camping.      David
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:36am
LOL.. yes, that vent does in fact ROCK.. not just for diapers.. but suppose you have 170lbs of dog with a bit of a "stomach issues".. nice to be able to "clear the air" quickly..

Welcome to the forum and podding PinoyPodders, I am sure you will have a great time, and look forward to an update. 
HavaPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:14pm
Welcome-

We are fairly new R-podders ourselves, but a bit older. Congratulations to you two for doing this early in your married life. Enjoy!
Steve and Peggy Thorndill
HavaPod
2013 R-Pod 177
Tacoma, WA

ThePinoyPodders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:28am
Thank you all for the wonderful welcome! My husband and I have been browsing the site for a few weeks now and have found such amazing information! This site is an amazing resource! 

Congrats HavaPod on your new Pod! We thought it was best to make the investment now, while we are young and before we have kiddies. We hope to not have to "upgrade" in the future as long as we find it fits us in all the stages of our lives. 

furpod, that is great to know! We have a 50lb dog named Bauer.. and I'm sure he will love to take advantage of one of the bunks. Like many dogs, he does pass gas.. so having that fan in the trailer will help greatly! It will be getting a lot of testing before diapers come our way! lol 

Thanks again everyone!

-ThePinoyPodders (Wife) 
Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:55pm
Welcome fellow Canuks. I am from Ontario but live in New Brunswick now. I know you will have lots of adventures in your Pod. Good Luck.  
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>