This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPicking up 172 soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picking up 172 soon!
    Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:16pm
Walk through went fine :)  I was so nervous the whole time.  I felt bad asking so many questions.  Almost thought that THEY thought I didn't trust them :)  The dealer was AWESOME though.  One thing I noticed was there were staple marks on the ceiling.  I asked what those were and he told me.  Anyone else notice those?  Anyway, he made me feel better about them.  I also thought I got a longer warranty than a year bumper to bumper.  For some reason, I heard the salesman say something else but I guess I misunderstood.  Is this a common warranty?  Should I have more than a year? 
Anyway the 30 minute trip home went as smooth as can be.  Husband says he couldn't even really feel it behind him.  We were pulling it with our Tundra.  He laughed at me when I asked if his truck could handle it?  Ouch What do I know?
But, we backed it in our driveway and it scraped the ground.  Of course I went loony toons.  We have a bit of a dip. How can we fix this? We put a wheel on the front and pushed it into place next to our garage.  Easy peesy..
Anyways, I can't tell you how excited we are!!! It looks so cute parked in our driveway. (I hope our neighbors think so too... cause it is right in their face)
Our first trip will be a  next weekend.  I will post pics soon.. Oh no, how do I post pics?

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:36pm

Look for the "Post Options" at the top-right of every post.  You can delete a post as long as nobody has replied.  I've deleted the post for you, since you probably can't now that I've replied.  Embarrassed

No such thing as too many questions for the dealer!  One year sounds right, he should have offered you an extended warranty from the factory.  I got mine 4 years ago for $150 if I remember right.

You'll need to get the risers installed, like many of us have.  The pod is just too low without them.

To post pics go into "full edit mode" either by clicking on the Post Reply button at the bottom of every thread, or if you already started using the "quick reply" press the little arrow just above the text box, that points up and to the right.  Once you are in full edit mode Look for the little tree to add a pic. 

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:53pm
+1 on the risers.  I didn't think we needed them until last time out last summer when I scraped the jack off of the left rear getting on the Washington Island ferry.  I pick our Pod up in the morning, with risers installed, bearings packed, brakes checked out and some other small things I had the dealer do.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
PeppyPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 7:22pm
Here is our first picture
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:14pm
That's a pretty Pod!

1yr is standard warranty so you're good there.

Risers, like everyone else has already said are almost 90% necessary.  You either have to learn to be vigilantly paying attention all the time to make sure you don't bottom out and pull a scissor jack off, or you just get the risers eventually.

Wouldn't mind seeing pics of these staples in the ceiling.  Not sure I've heard or seen that before from anyone else.

Sure does look good in your drive, congrats!
PeppyPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:21pm
I will take some tomorrow.  You can't actually see the staple but I saw a little tiny inconsistency in the ceiling almost like a tiny hole....and I asked if it was a leak?.. He said it was from the staples.  (kind of like what a nail would do in a new house after a little bit.. What is that called a "nail punch"???  I can't remember.  My husband wasn't concerned but..... Confused
francoisfrogpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 8:24am
Congratulations, PeppyPod! You're going to love your pod like the rest of us here. This forum is the best place for questions/advice/general complaining... what ever you feel like doing at the time. Hope to see more pictures from you. We all love those pictures!

Denny and Linda

2013 Pod 177
'08 Santa Fe
JENNIFER_SUSAN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by dsmiths

The 172 is perfect for a couple with 2 kids, you can fold the dinette down for the short queen for mom and dad and the kids can have the bunks. get a memory foam mattress for the rear dinette. Donna and I got a 3 inch 2 layer at yes (walmart) I roll it up and put bungee cords around it when not in use. I also built a foldable 1/8 inch luan stiffener I put between the factory cushions and the foam mattress. It sleeps like heaven. You're going to have a lot of fun in that cool looking small package.

novaform mattress could be a great option too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12