R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedModifications?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modifications?
    Posted: 25 May 2013 at 11:34am
Having some pretty good woodworking skills and the tools in my garage that at least says I might have some skills I have a few questions about doing modifications in the Pod.

1- I have noticed folks have, what appears to me, drilled into the shell of the pod. Does one drill into the shell like one does say into the walls of a house? I use a stud finder when I want to put screws or nails into the wall does it work the say way in the pod?

2- What are the hazards with drilling into the walls of a pod? I would think there electrical wiring inside the walls of the pod that one has to worry about.

3-Does drilling into the pod void any warranty work?

I am sure I might have more questions in this area but these have been on my mind since we bought Tricera-Pod. The first thing that came to mind when Sandee and I looked at the pod was changes I can make with regards to storage. Not sure I will get to these mods this year because of our travel plans, but I do know we will need to make some.
Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 11:25pm
The framing is metal but I assume a stud finder would work.  I just figured out where I needed holes and drilled, using molly bolts.  Yes there are wires in places but if you poke around in the access ports you can usually figure out where they are run.  Modifications shouldn't affect any warranties unless you modify the installed equipment. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply