Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 87>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sdc143 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sdc143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 1:32pm
Good day!  We just picked up our new 182G here in Colorado Springs on Friday and can't wait to take it out this weekend!  We have two little boys who are so excited to sleep in the bunk beds and my husband and I cannot wait to fully use our new "garage"!!!!
R-Podimus Adventures Abound!
'14 182G HRE
'14 Toyota Sequoia
2 little boys and 2 yr old mutt
Capt. Irk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt. Irk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:53pm
Taken at dusk @ Valley of the Rogue State Park this last week.

2013 176HRE / 2017 Ram 1500
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 2:41pm
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Zag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 11:48am
Welcome to the world of podding Terry2Cent. Nice to meet a fellow Pacific NW (though I'm a bit further north).

2009 RP-152 (Cutie-Pod)
2001 Nissan Pathfinder
Terry2Cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Terry2Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 3:57am
Hello everyone - my name is Terry and I live in the Seattle area. I just returned from a drive over to Blue Dog RV in Post Falls, Idaho to pick up my 2014 model 178. It's a dream come true, especially when towing it. I barely knew it was there until I hit the mountain (Snoqualmie Pass) pass coming back. However, I set the cruise to 60 and it didn't budge and inch.

I had religiously studies all the smaller trailers under 20 ft and came to the conclusion that it would be hard to beat the benefits of an R-Pod. I called Poulsbo RV here in the Seattle area and they wanted $22,500 - but would come down to $21,500 just because they liked me. I hated the archaic salesman pressure like they used in the old day - Poulsbo still teaches that I guess. I called Blue Dog and they quoted me $14, 450 bucks - loaded. Lydia was a VERY nice lady to deal with at Blue Dog. They greeted me when I walked in the door - fetched me a Pepsi and another concierge person personally golf-carted me to my R-Pod for a quick look see. Buying it was totally hassel-free, like all sales should be.

I look forward to my first trip this coming week to the WA State Trapshooting Championships in Little Rock, WA. My thanks to all you forum members for your informative posts - mine is a perfect example where a buying decision was made because of the posts you all have made here. I named mine "Podcicle" - cause it makes the mouth water Big smile

"You are NEVER lost if you don't care where you are".
Rugby8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rugby8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 1:41pm
2013 grand caravan
2010 176t pod
Wife, 2 boys, and golden retriever. Can life get any better
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote TRICERA-POD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 7:39pm
Our first outing with Tricera-Pod at Chippokes Plantation SP in Virginia. Had a great time, even two nights of thunderstorms and rain with no issues

Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
Psyberbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Psyberbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:47pm
This is the day we picked up our 2013 RP 182G . Someone purchased it a few months ago , camped in it twice , and then, after a few months , took it to another dealership and traded it in on a huge fifth-wheel. We rolled up before the dealer sales staff had even had a chance to look it over. It still had the plastic wrapper on the glass rotisserie in the oven along with the Styrofoam packing . The stickers were still on the freezer . The 181G would have been ideal for us ( like the idea of a full time bed ) but this  one was such a bargain for a practically mint trailer , we had to snatch it up . It came with the R Dome as well . 
    For the last year , we had camped in a 2006 Thor Wave RB22 , a really nice trailer inside and very comfortable. The only drawback was it towed like a re-entry parachute ! Heading to the Texas Gulf coast with a headwind would result in the neighbourhood of 5 - 5-1/2 mpg , rotten fuel "economy" for lack of a better term !
  TV is a 2012 F-150 crew-cab , 4X4 , powered by the 3.5L twin turbo Eco-Boost . In a test tow , I got about 13mpg with the Pod , and that included several starts from a dead stop .Maybe not the greatest economy , but a BIG improvement . We can afford to pull this one out west to photograph wildlife , we could not do this with the Thor . 
  For several years , we pulled a homebuilt teardrop behind my '04 F-150 . Two summers ago we made a 6,500 mile trek through the Grand Canyon , Monument Valley , Yellowstone , up to Glacier ,and back home to Austin , a great trip .On that trip , the little lady decided she would like a set of private facilities , and even though we were comfortable with the temps in the mountains , I will confess to symptoms of a/c withdrawal a few times in Arizona and Monument Valley .
  I think with our new R Pod we have found the sweet spot , a rig that tows like a dream , and provides many of the comforts of home while on the road !
Yesterday is history , tomorrow a mystery . Today is a gift .
DavidW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DavidW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 10:37am
Hello dsmiths,

We bought the 2012 Traverse with the towing package as we knew that we going to enter the travel trailer world.  It is rated at 5200 lbs.

Our first 1 hour camping trip will be in 2 weeks time but it towed like a dream when I test drove the setup.  Didn't know the R-Pod was there, until I looked in the rearview mirror.  I will let you know how it works out on terrain that is less flat.

David & Liz
2014 R-Pod 178
2019 Chevy Traverse
And Lily (our 8 yr old Golden)
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 9:58pm
How well does that Traverse pull the pod, I am not sure but I thought the traverse was rated at 3500 lbs for towing. looks like a nice set up.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 87>