Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 87>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by jcat5150

I'm with Capt Kidd.  I just completed my second trip with our RP180 and I knew I would be staying with full hookups for a 3 day weekend and only going 80 miles in this case.  Therefore, I didn't bother filling my fresh tank before blast off and I dumped both holding tanks prior to leaving.  This is my second RV and I found the same sorts of experience with my old one too, very rarely did I go very far with much in the tanks.  When dry camping I always ran my gray water out into the bushes via a garden hose (no different than tent campers dumping their dish/shower buckets) and/or could generally dump close to camp, if not at the camp exit. 
 . . .

Very happy with our 'pod in the early days of ownership.

If you come to North Carolina, please don't run the gray water out into the bushes. You would be in violation of state law. Please check the laws where you camp to see if dumping gray water is legal or illegal. In case you are wondering, campsites in NC have places for those in tents to do dishes.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jcat5150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jcat5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:26pm
I'm with Capt Kidd.  I just completed my second trip with our RP180 and I knew I would be staying with full hookups for a 3 day weekend and only going 80 miles in this case.  Therefore, I didn't bother filling my fresh tank before blast off and I dumped both holding tanks prior to leaving.  This is my second RV and I found the same sorts of experience with my old one too, very rarely did I go very far with much in the tanks.  When dry camping I always ran my gray water out into the bushes via a garden hose (no different than tent campers dumping their dish/shower buckets) and/or could generally dump close to camp, if not at the camp exit.  

As to towability, my Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 3.6 Pentastar is having no issues, save an undersized radiator due to not having the factory tow package.  That will be remedied this winter (along with more trans cooling for cheap insurance).  

Very happy with our 'pod in the early days of ownership.
"Always walk a mile in someone's shoes before criticizing them. That way, when the criticizing begins, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!"
Capt Kidd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 4:56pm
We towed our 179 behind my sister's Honda Pilot with no problem at all except for the gas mileage went way down.

As far as towing with 3 full tanks, we usually only fill the fresh water tank about half full and very seldom leave the park with full black and gray tanks. 

If you are concerned about the weight I would suggest carrying some of you heavier stuff in your tow rig.
The Pirate's Pod
theskyking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote theskyking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 4:33pm
I've been lurking for a couple YEARS now, lol. Still debating trying to get a 176T and pull it with my 2002 4runner V6. The vehicle is rated for 5,000 lbs but when I tow my 4200lb boat, my car really isn't very happy. Anyone have comments?

Also, a question: looks like the r pod has a cargo carrying capacity (CCC) of around 1000lbs give or take. But, with 3 tanks - clean water and 2 dirty water - at about 30 gal each, that's almost 1000 pounds in water / waste ! How do people load up their gear AND have full tanks and not exceed the max weight of the r pod? 

Thanks!
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 5:56am
Yeah didn't come with the package, so we added it the other day. It did come with the trailer backing
assist with be trying that out right off and giving a report. 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

It didn't come with one?  The factory Ford controller is excellent and normally comes with the package.
The Ford controller IS excellent. However, it is not included in all of the various tow packages. The basic tow package does not include the brake controller, but the two higher-end tow packages do. Luckily, it's not a big deal to add it.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
It didn't come with one?  The factory Ford controller is excellent and normally comes with the package.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 6:15pm

Just got the brake controller installed, will be towing soon!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
pngunme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pngunme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Bugout

Ok how do post a picture 

Check rpodadmin 's post at the top of this link http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3539&PN=63&title=pictures-of-tow-vehicles-and-trailers
Dianna, Danny & Chester

2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River Edition
2002 Toyota Tundra
jcat5150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jcat5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:15pm
'17 RP-180 from our maiden voyage last week.  Towed behind our '13 GC Laredo.  Handled it nicely but didn't like the hot weather (our car didn't come with the tow package - brake controller install was a real joy and this trip revealed we need more radiator - already in the works).  Trailer performed flawlessly and is already slated for another trip in 3 weeks (to a prettier location than this "shakedown cruise")...

"Always walk a mile in someone's shoes before criticizing them. That way, when the criticizing begins, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 87>