This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AL1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 5:17pm
Thanks for the info Stephen, I checked  them places out. Offgrid, we will definitely be coming out to OBX. I luckily still had my WD hitch from my racing days, it worked perfect. The trailer brake was a breeze on the 4Runner. It literally took 10 mins. Now I’m figuring out I need all kinds of out things. Like what do you put in the pass though compartment so things don’t slide?

Here a picture my wife took when we got it home.

AL1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AL1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 5:36pm
Nice set up!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:00am
Different things can be done to hold things in the pass-through storage. Plastic tubs work great for confining things. You could add some of the waffle-weave rubber shelf liner to the bottom to give it more friction to reduce sliding. With experience, you will figure out what works for you.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 10:27am
Great looking rig AL1010, and it looks like you have that hitch set up nicely based on how level everything is, with just a slight squat on the rear axle. See you on the OBX!
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
AL1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AL1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:49pm
Not good. 1st time out and it’s getting cold. Turned on heat 5 mins later smoke detector starts blasting ,beep beep beep. Open windows , opened and turned on vent. Beeping stopped but damn it’s cold.
AL1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AL1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:51pm
Walmart here I come
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:17pm
First time using the furnace as well as the convection microwave, you will need to take down your smoke detector and open a window just a little as well as the vent. Run the vent fan on low. This will not need to be done after the initial manufacturing oils are burned off them. However, it would be good to have the vent open just a crack and possibly a window also to reduce the condensation that comes from living and breathing inside the 'Pod. Cooking also adds moisture from the stove. The furnace does not add moisture.

After the furnace has been run a while, the smoke detector can go back up. However, you may find like I did that cooking tends to set it off as well.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
AL1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AL1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 3:01am
Thanks Stephen, that makes perfect sense. It’s 4am and the little $30 Walmart space heater has done its job so far. I will wait till we get home and burn off the furnace. Other than that we’ve had a great time. I can’t wait to start breakfast. I’ll be doing that outside on the Blackstone of course..
AL1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AL1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 87>