This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr4getfuljones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:51pm
Hi everyone. This is our very first RV (had a tent trailer awhile back) and my wife and I are looking forward to new adventures and meeting new people. Already made first mod and that was changing to an electric tongue jack. (Not shown here)
Mark & D'Anna
2019-1/2 R-POD RP190
10th Anniversary & Hood River Edition.
Since: 04/29/19
TV: 2017 Hyundai, Santa Fe SE LWB, AWD, 3.3L V6. (For the moment)
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:01pm
Welcome and congratulations! I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories doing so. We have enjoyed our 2016 RP179 very much. I've done a number of mods and am in the middle of another one now. I'll tell about i in my mods (link in signature) when I am done with it.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kup-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:39pm
Welcome!

We pull our 178 with a 2018 Santa Fe XL and it does quite well (although i don't know how much heavier the 190 is, but I'm sure its not signficant).
I usually keep the Santa Fe in "Sport" driving mode so that it keeps the RPM a little higher between shifts and keeps it limited to 5th gear (stops it from "searching" between 5th and 6th all the time).

We love our RPod, hoe you enjoy your's as well.
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:12pm
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisition.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:53am
Welcome. 

Looks like you're off to a good start. You have a relatively light tow vehicle, very similar to my Highlander. But you've got what looks like a properly adjusted weight distribution hitch which is great, essential in my view. Personally I much prefer that size vehicle for daily driving and wouldn't change it to something heavier just for the occasional tow. 

One caution. If you plan to do a lot of mods that add tongue weight (like dual batteries, propane tanks, a better mattress, etc etc) and/or want to travel with a full fresh water tank you will find that that can put you out of your tow vehicle's spec range quickly, so be cautious of that. Keeping the gear in the back of the TV to a minimum helps as well. 

I recommend that you weigh your trailer and tongue as its currently configured, loaded and ready to travel, so you have a good baseline. If you want to know an easy way to get your weights without any special gear just ask on the forum. 

Have fun!
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Billy Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 9:00am
we love our 190 and have done many mods.  welcome to the group and happy camping
2019 RPOD 190
2017 Chev Colorado 4 X 4
Yellow Lab and English Springer Spaniel
Mr4getfuljones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr4getfuljones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 2:46pm
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and good advice. My wife and I are extremely excited and we're still getting a lot of the must-haves like sewer hoses and locks and all that (final deliveries should be this afternoon). Before we even drove it off the lot we got all our shopping advice from here on this forum. We'll definitely try to pay it forward when we can.
Mark & D'Anna
2019-1/2 R-POD RP190
10th Anniversary & Hood River Edition.
Since: 04/29/19
TV: 2017 Hyundai, Santa Fe SE LWB, AWD, 3.3L V6. (For the moment)
Wood River Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wood River Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:37pm
A little late posting the pic of the new TV.  We went from Idaho down to Lake Powell, then over to Monument Valley, and then up to Moab and back to Idaho for spring break week.  Lots of miles, but a great trip with a more relaxed transit time.  We moved from our 2010 Highlander Limited with WDH to a 2019 Chevy Tahoe with air level, no WDH, and added the JackIt bike rack.  We loved our Highlander.  The v8 Tahoe with higher tow capacity made a huge difference.  Despite the v8, we got better gas mileage than the v6.  It didn't spend much time downshifting on inclines.  Was also able use the cruise control without downshifting.  Overall a much more relaxing windshield time.  We've been looking for some time and almost ended up with another Highlander.  The Tahoe has a bigger price tag, but for us, it was worth the extra money.  Wife drives it day to day.  Only a few times she felt like an aircraft carrier maneuvering in the grocery parking lot.  Living out west, we have lots of bigger rigs.  All in all she loves it as her ride.  It's also nice on the no towing trips.  It drops down to v4 all the way up to 65ish on the highway.  Not bad.  This is the first non-Toyota product I've bought in my last four cars.  We are very happy with the Tahoe.
Thanks

Smith's in Hailey
Early 2017 179 HRE

Wood River Mods
Jeepinator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeepinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:15pm
2018 Jeep Wrangler Willys
2017 179
saint urho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote saint urho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 11:33am
Here is our 2010 Xterra Off Road, towing a new to us 2011 Rpod 171. Compared to my towing our Fleetwood Neon pop-up, yes, this does feel like pulling a parachute while carrying a load of bricks. The Rpod worked very well as the weather was unseasonably inclement everyday of our holiday.
168 by robert, on Flickr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 87>