This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 87>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote podwerkz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of tow vehicles and trailers
    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 11:42am
Saint Urho, that's a good looking rig. 

To increase the ability of the r-pod to easily track behind that obviously very capable rig when in the rough stuff, you might want to check out the Jack-E-Up and the Sav-A-Jack kits, they both help increase ground clearance of the pod, along with a pair of axle lift blocks.

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
saint urho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote saint urho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:00pm
Thanks.
I'm trying to track down a set of 3-5/8 lift blocks. I'll be back in America for Canadian Thanksgiving hoping to pick them up then. I don't plan to take the trailer anywhere too rough, but have already encountered a couple of gas station entrances that have scratched the WDH trusses.
podwerkz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote podwerkz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:18pm
Steep gas station entrances, the occasional curb climb, and backing up into a slanted camping spot can all count as 'rough stuff' if hard parts are scraping! 

Enjoy!
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
JandMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JandMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 12:59pm

Our 171 on its first outing, Del Valle Regional Park, CA - took the opportunity to
do some plein air painting...
John and Mary Ann
2015 R pod 171 Hood River
2019 Kia Sorento AWD v6
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:37pm
We love Lake Del Valle! Sometimes you can spot nesting bald eagles there (we have).

Nice painting too!

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Jeepinator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeepinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Motor7

Sometimes evolution goes off in the wrong direction and bigger is Not better. Over the years..........Pop-up, to travel trailer, to 24' motorhome to truck camper(my fav, not the wife's), to a 33' motorhome and it was the the last straw. Nice, roomy, comfortable......but....TOO BIG. So we sold it and downsized to a Avalanche tow veh and a 2016 176T R-Pod...picked it up yesterday. 

So now I have to sort through the 8 large black and yellow storage bins I bought to download the motorhome(way way too much 'stuff') and upload only the necessities to the R-Pod. Mods will be required such as switching out the single 12v to dual 6v batteries, adding roof top solar and a charge controller. Moving the spare tire from the bottom side of the queen bed tent bump out(makes the thing really heavy to set up) to under the trailer. Upgrading the mattress, and adding some storage here and there inside. Then it is off to the Grand Canyon and points north this spring. 

Curious if you have installed your solar yet?  I think we are starting with a Victron MPPT controller and one portable panel plugged into a rewired Zamp connector. I’m interested to learn how others are approaching solar. 
2018 Jeep Wrangler Willys
2017 179
Motor7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Motor7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by saint urho

Thanks.
I'm trying to track down a set of 3-5/8 lift blocks. I'll be back in America for Canadian Thanksgiving hoping to pick them up then. I don't plan to take the trailer anywhere too rough, but have already encountered a couple of gas station entrances that have scratched the WDH trusses.

Etrailer.com has them about half price from Forest River. I have the numbers on a thread here somewhere.

Found it:

Btw, I have the Lippert 3500# torsion axle. This is the correct riser kit from Etrailer for $65:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories_and_Parts/Lippert_Components/
2016 R-Pod 176T
Motor7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Motor7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:56pm

"Curious if you have installed your solar yet?  I think we are starting with a Victron MPPT controller and one portable panel plugged into a rewired Zamp connector. I’m interested to learn how others are approaching solar."

Here ya go...almost done, needed ring terminals for the battery connections:

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=13040&title=solar-wiring-chase-through-to-roof

Oh, and check that Zamp outlet with a multi-meter....most are wired in reverse from the plugs that fit it.
2016 R-Pod 176T
Toyanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Toyanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:34pm
beardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote beardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:52am

2020 R-Pod 176 10th Anniversary Edition package
2010 4Runner Limited AWD/4WD 

Brazoria County Beach, Texas 
August 25, 2019
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 87>