Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Campers Flea Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR Dome for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R Dome for sale
    Posted: 28 May 2013 at 6:08pm
Selling our R Dome.  Like new, only put up twice.  Took 15 minutes for two inexperienced people.  $300.  Will ship for $25. or meet you in Albuquerque NM.  Email me at emily7271@verizon.net.  Thanks!
Emily J
emily7271 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:41am
SOLD!
Emily J
RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 1:21am
Well, we've had our 2014 178 for exactly three days - and have backyard camped twice! Today we decided to try the r-dome. The dome went up without any problems (thank you YouTube!) however, after careful thought my husband and I do not think we will use it much (if at all). We are interested in selling -- my questions is - how does one handle payments via this type of forum or email?
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 9:10am
If you are dealing in person, the ideal transaction is cash at time of pick-up.

I bought my R-Dome this weekend from another member.  The seller is on the other side of the state, so a cash transaction was not possible.  I sent the seller a personal check, and when it clears his bank, he will ship the dome to me.  This is a good practice on his part, particularly since I am still a newbie.  On the other hand, since he had been a forum member for several years, I did not hesitate to send my check before receiving the dome.

When I bought my R-Pod a week ago, I paid by personal check and immediately took title of the trailer.  Since you are selling an R-Pod, chances are the buyer will be picking it up as I did.  This lends itself to a cash (or check, money order, etc.) transaction at the time of pickup.  Normally a deposit would have been made if pickup and full payment is not immediate. 

These are my opinions only.  I tend to be more trusting than most people, and find that most people are as honest as I am. 

And, then there is PayPal.
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
emily7271 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 10:43am
I sold our Rdome in a Paypal transaction. You need a Paypal account first. I asked the buyer to use the 'friends and family' option so I wouldn't have to pay Paypal fees. The shipping/boxing charges are high. ~$75.00 for UPS ground and $10. to box it up. It sold within a few days.

Good luck!
Emily J
RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 12:00pm
Thank you for your responses -- both are very helpful. We are going to list our R-dome for sale -- now I just need to figure out how to submit a new post!
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:04pm
Be careful of accepting "certified" checks, they are often forged and will at first clear your bank, then bounce, and by then your stuff is long gone.  If in person, as suggested, only accept cash no matter what the sob story is.  If selling remote I would only accept Paypal - as much as I hate it because of all of its fees (didn't know about a friend/family option and will have to check that out) - and I would build any extra fees into the price.

If you create a new "for sale" item, make sure you put it in the right forum.   I didn't catch that this thread was originally in the wrong place but I won't move it now that it has turned into a discussion.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
RRL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 2:19pm
Thank you techntrek!  The information you shared is very helpful.  When I finally figured out how to post a new thread, I did "officially" post this item for sale in the Campers Flea Market forum.  Hopefully this was correct?! 
"unWINEd" Pod
2014 RP-178
2006 Tundra
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by techntrek

If selling remote I would only accept Paypal

Same here, but also be careful of stolen accounts. If the email they use to communicate doesn't match the account they're paying with then make sure you find out why (or don't accept the payment). If they use a stolen account the money can be refunded by Paypal and there's nothing you can do about it if you've already shipped the item.
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:40am
Of course, you can always use Western Union and have them send you the money that way ... you pick up the cash and then send them the item.
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>