R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPropane Tank Quick Release - Event Date: 06 Apr 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Propane Tank Quick Release
    Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 12:11pm
I finally found the small binder clamp that I was looking for to make the quick release on the propane tank security strap. I never did like the web strap that was an after thought by FR to hold the propane tank in place and last year replaced it with a chain but could not find the binder that I wanted. Pull the safety pin, lift the handle and remove the chain. It might be stronger than what is needed but I feel better with it.
   I also repurposed one side of an old bird cage this weekend into a shelf on the fender to hold the radio and cold adult beverage, Mother Goose was not to happy when see figured out where the wire came from. She had not used that cage for the last 16 years but one never knows when it might be needed. Made a couple of legs that fold away and used a little gas line tube to protect the fender and the POD side.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 7:09pm
Good idea.
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Goose

I finally found the small binder clamp that I was looking for to make the quick release on the propane tank security strap. I never did like the web strap that was an after thought by FR to hold the propane tank in place and last year replaced it with a chain but could not find the binder that I wanted. Pull the safety pin, lift the handle and remove the chain. It might be stronger than what is needed but I feel better with it.
   I also repurposed one side of an old bird cage this weekend into a shelf on the fender to hold the radio and cold adult beverage, Mother Goose was not to happy when see figured out where the wire came from. She had not used that cage for the last 16 years but one never knows when it might be needed. Made a couple of legs that fold away and used a little gas line tube to protect the fender and the POD side.   Goose

I noticed your sirrus radio, can you play it inside and if so how did you run the ant wire?????

Moe

Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:39am
Moe, so far we have not used the radio on the inside, but I figured that I could run the wire through one the windows. Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply