R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRISERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RISERS
    Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 7:23pm
I have read many post that talk about installing risers. Seems like something I would like to do as I scrape my stablizers on the drive way when backing the unit in. We have an inclined driveway so I would like to avoid this sort of thing in the future.
My question is where can one get the risers, what is the price on these and can I do this myself?
Carl & Sandee              2013 R 177               2012 Titan
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 8:14pm
You can order them right from FR (see the link below), call with your VIN number so they can look up your axle model.  http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2747&title=misc-forest-river-contacts-and-other-info 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
TRICERA-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 8:33pm
Thank you
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 9:43am
Check and see if they are already installed on your pod first, just in case you haven't done that yet.  My 2012 171 came with them already on, so yours might have them also since it is a 2013 model.
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 9:47am
OOOO I did not even think about that. What am I looking for? I know they are risers, but to tell you the truth when it comes to vehicles and working on them I am pretty much clueless.
I spent 33 years in I lived and worked on our cattle ranch in Idaho. I do not like working on cars/trucks but give me a weapons system or a animal I know what to do.
I can follow directions pretty well, a bi-product of being in the Navy, so if you could tell me what I am looking for I am sure I can find out if I have them or not.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:28pm
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 2:28pm
Cool, that is easy to figure out. Pictures are worth a million bucks.

Now if I could only get my icebox to work. It seemed to be working when we left the dealer, but it was not really cool when I opened it at the dealer, but I figured the light worked so every thing was ok. I should have asked how long they had it hooked up to the power. I have had it on power hook up from the house and 12v battery all day and it is still the same temp.
Called the dealer and he walked me through the LP mode and that seems to be operating right now. Dealer said let it work for 30 minutes and give him a call back.
I guess this is why you test/run everything before you go on a road trip.
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 4:14pm
Just from my experience, it seems to take awhile to completely cool down.  I usually turn it on (electric) a minimum of 24 hours before I use it.  Once it's cooled down, mine holds the temp (mid to high 30's if it's not being opened too much) pretty consistantly.  This also depends on the outside/inside temp which I would assume makes a difference as well. 
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 5:24pm
Thank you for the information. I had mine hooked up from 9am this morning and it was at the same temp. When I switched from elect to LP the freezer portion was very cold within 30 minutes.
What is odd is the door light is working, well on sometimes, off other. I thought maybe it was a bad fuse so I replaced it. Just like before the light works for awhile then goes off and will not work until I pull the fuse once again.
That being said, I switched from LP to elect. and the freezer seems to be getting colder. I filled up the ice tray and will leave it hooked up to elect overnight. I figure it the ice is frozen then I am good to go. I can care less about the light working right now. If the ice box works then I will take the unit to the dealer at a better time. It is hour driver to the dealer so to take it there for a little light not working is no big deal right now.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that all is well when I check in the morning.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 5:41pm
The interior light for the fridge, and the brain, both run on 12v. Regardless of how else you are powering the cooling side. The cooling side will run on LP, 120v, or 12v. On 12v, a pre cooled fridge will take 6-8 hours to drain the battery.

I am not sure of it, but there may be a timing circuit on the light that shuts it off after "x" time with the door open. Would have a reset timer built in too... to protect the battery.. also, make sure the door is closed properly, there is a "hold open" position on the latch, to let the fridge air out when off. I once attempted to cool it down in that position.. did poorly. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>