R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed12V shower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12V shower
    Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 12:58pm
I have been going through the new to me 151 that I purchased last week.  All systems seem fine, except when checking the shower and running on 12V, the water barely comes out and really does not seem to have enough pressure to fill the shower head.  I removed the head and there seems to be plenty of pressure in the hose.  Is this just the way it works on 12V or is there something wrong or perhaps I need a different shower head.  Thanks in advance for your replies.
2010 R Pod 151
2017 4runner
2006 Honda Metropolitan
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 2:02pm
Are you saying that it's better when you have shore power (120V) or it's better when you have water hookups and don't use the pump?

If it works better with shore power then it's probably an issue with your battery. If it works better when you have water hookups then it might be an issue with your pump.
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 2:52pm
podrunner, you mentioned that there was plenty of presure with the shower head off.  Maybe the shower head needs to be cleaned or changed.  Just a thought.
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Anthony Valenzano View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 4:30pm
I had to buy a replacement shower head soon after I got my pod.  Same type but made a world of difference.  I wasn't successful in cleaning the old one either.
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 4:40pm
I got the impression from the post title that the shower head itself does work, just not on 12V... or did I misunderstand?
podrunner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 5:57pm
Shower head works, but does not seem to build enough pressure. Sink faucet seems to be fine, and with the shower head removed there is good flow from the line in the shower. I have only tried using the water tank and pump. Here in Utah we will mostly be camping in national forest camp grounds that do.not have hook ups, so a good shower working on the pump system is important. I have not connected.directly to a water source, bit I suspect all will work fine. I have checked the shower head and blown air through it, appears clean and lacking any obstruction. Thx for your replies
2010 R Pod 151
2017 4runner
2006 Honda Metropolitan
Anthony Valenzano View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 6:02pm
What's funny is that was exactly how I would have described my problem.  I would have never have tired a different shower head, except that I happened to install an outdoor shower.  The outdoor shower had lots of pressure, so I swapped heads and that was the problem.  Not 100% that you're the same, but worth looking into.  
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by podrunner

Shower head works, but does not seem to build enough pressure. Sink faucet seems to be fine, and with the shower head removed there is good flow from the line in the shower. I have only tried using the water tank and pump. Here in Utah we will mostly be camping in national forest camp grounds that do.not have hook ups, so a good shower working on the pump system is important. I have not connected.directly to a water source, bit I suspect all will work fine. I have checked the shower head and blown air through it, appears clean and lacking any obstruction. Thx for your replies

Sounds like the problem has nothing to do with 12V then. It's just a low-flow RV shower head designed to save water. I'd say try another one to see if it works better for you, but keep in mind that you'll run out of water faster.
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 7:26pm
Could be a clogged shower. Try it with a domestic hose water hookup. If it works the same, the shower head is suspect. Many of us have replaced the FR head with a Body Spa RV Shower Kit. Low flow but adds air so it feels like more water. Check Amazon and/or Camping World.

If it works much better on the hose hookup the pump may be suspect. Some have found the filter on the pump input clogged with plastic from the tank. A cheap fix if that's the problem.

Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by CharlieM

Many of us have replaced the FR head with a Body Spa RV Shower Kit. Low flow but adds air so it feels like more water. Check Amazon and/or Camping World.

+1

The Body Spa Oxygenics showerhead is fantastic.  Its a bit expensive, but well worth the price.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>