Topic ClosedTrying to become a R-poder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to become a R-poder
    Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:20pm
Yeah, the point of the trailer is to show my kids the country so might as well start with buying the trailer Smile  

I'm going to a dealer tomorrow with my pricing in hand to start the process.. 
LarryK View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:24pm
I got a price from Broadmoor in Tri-Cities, then Blue Dog in Post Falls, ID matched it. I think its easier for service to be closer, but to each his own. We live in Spokane.

Sure do love our 2012 HRE177!

We paid $15,000.00 and they through in the brake controller. Probably a bit high, but were pleased. I am not real good at dealing.

2012 R Pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab
4.7 Liter V8
wooddl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:29pm
Talked with Broadmoor today..  The next 182g they have coming in is a few weeks out but they do seem willing to talk pricing.. 
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by wooddl

Talked with Broadmoor today..  The next 182g they have coming in is a few weeks out but they do seem willing to talk pricing.. 

I would definitely do business with them again. We did everything over the phone and I just showed up with a check for the amount that we agreed on and there wasn't any surprises. I was worried since it was a significant drive for me (and car dealers love pulling last minute stuff), but it went smoothly. The only variable was what ball mount to use, but they helped me find one that would ride level and we were off. I do all the servicing myself, so the distance wasn't an issue there.
wooddl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 9:42pm
Well.... Poulsbo RV (Fife) didn't go so well.  Archaic selling practices at its best..  tried getting my SSN before we had started negotiating, "lets get the credit app going to save some time"  when I refused they wanted a credit card so they could  "make sure you're serious" as though I just thought this would be a great way to spend my day.. I was waiting for the sales manager to offer me a free undercoating. 

The sales manager didn't have a reply when I asked him if he did anything different when buying large items for his family.

I showed them other dealers prices and I heard everything from "that doesn't have the hood river package" worth several thousand dollars, to "Oh that one doesn't have mini blinds"... mini blinds are they kidding me? :)

The hood river package is about $550.. best I can find

Onward and upward I talked to a couple other dealers out of state that are be much more reasonable.. kind of looking forward to a little road trip..

still trying to figure out how to make that Seeside camp-out.

thanks again for all the responses..

Kickstart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 11:19pm
[QUOTE=wooddl]Well.... Poulsbo RV (Fife) didn't go so well.  Archaic selling practices at its best.. 

We bought our Pod 3 years ago from Poulsbo (Auburn). They were the only dealer within a great distance to carry Pods at that time. You are correct. They are pretty old school with their tactics. We didn't walk out on them, but it was close. Guess they haven't changed much. Sales manager really knew how to take liberties with the truth. Oh well, the Pod has been great so far, but with many more local dealers now , I wouldn't run back to Poulsbo if I was buying. 
'10 RP 175-Replaced by 2014 Kodiak 173 QBSL
'12 Toyota Tundra
'05 Sportster (half a Harley)
Retired-We're on Beach Time!
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 11:58pm

Well.... Poulsbo RV (Fife) didn't go so well.

Sorry about that. I probably could have saved you the time, but I didn't want to go insulting them in case our experience was an exception. I guess now it's confirmed.

This sounds just like our experience and we did walk out. We came prepared with prices and were willing to pay them slightly more because of the distance, but they didn't even come close.

Here's a funny story for you: The pod we settled on was in Everett and the salesman we started with was in Burlington, so he met us down there. After we walked out of "negotiations" we sat out front talking with some friends that had watched our daughter. The salesman actually stayed in the parking lot and watched us. He even got back out of his car when another salesman came by to "claim" us. What I should have done is asked the other salesman if he could strike a deal. Oh well... we got what we wanted somewhere else. I think the Poulsbo guy even called us a couple weeks later saying he could take off another $300... woopty doo...
wooddl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 12:19am
It's funny that there are still sales people operating this way in any business.  The amount of information that is available to the consumer has never been greater, they should expect to see people show up informed on the price and product.  Most of the time I felt like I was teaching the salesman about the R-pod..
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 6:59am
Having been in sales my entire adult life, I will share some thoughts.  Selling is a numbers game.  The more prospects you see, the better chance of a sale.  As P.T. Barnum (who was one of the best hucksters ever) said, "There is a sucker born every minute."  For you youngsters, he was one of the creators of the Barnum & Bailey Circus.  Check Google.  I was directed away from Poulsbo as not a place to waste time at, last year, when we were shopping.  Do your due diligence, as you have done so far, and when you walk into a new dealer, ask immediately for the sales manager.  Bypass any salesman.  The sales manager has greater leeway on discounts, and is able to make a "better deal" than the salesmen.  I did send you a private message.  Check that.  Hope to see you in Seaside.  Safe Travels.    
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 2:34pm

We have our 182G for sale right now. Check out this link:
http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3638&title=2011-182g-hood-river-edition-for-sale
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>