R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat Water Filtering Mods have you made?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Water Filtering Mods have you made?
    Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 10:02pm

I would like to make a water filter set up the water goes through before going into my new Pod. I saw one example on here but can't find it now.  There have got to be other people who are purifying their water before it goes into their Pod. Please share what you have done and, if you can, how you put it together...Pictures are great! Thanks! 

2014 R Pod 178
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 12:14am
I did some checking years ago on a prior trailer and when we got our 171 last year I had  the same water filter installed.  It is internal and installed under the kitchen sink and only filters the cold water to the kitchen sink.  Drinking, cooking, ect. is all with filtered water.  It has the highest filtration capability and will filter out more than any of the other types of filters.  A little on the expensive side to purchase but I was concerned about our young family years ago and still wanted the same level of filtration for the two of us.  It is made by Everpure.  Can be purchased thru Amazon for about $150 or so.  The cartridges should be changed each year, and can be purchased at any Camping World for about $35.  Never wanted to have to worry about "funny tummy" while camping first with our sons as very young boys and now with just my wife and I.  Check into the filtration capabilities of all the filters available and you will find the Everpure has the highest specs.  Curious, what you finally end up with.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 11:43am
Seems to me it was someone from Colorado that made a filter box but I don't remember who. I just use a throw away inline filter from Camping World when hooked up to city water and to fill the fresh water tank. Never had any problems with them.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Goose

Seems to me it was someone from Colorado that made a filter box but I don't remember who. I just use a throw away inline filter from Camping World when hooked up to city water and to fill the fresh water tank. Never had any problems with them.   Goose

Yeah, I remember there is a post somewhere for a water filter box/system that rivaled the county water treatment plant here..

We just use an inline filter, replace it annually, probably after about 1% of it's capacity has been used up.. LOL.
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:12pm
I use a Camco inlne filter that I buy from Walmart; I replace it every spring.

But, I drink bottled water (even the dog gets bottled water) when camping.  I had a few incidents 10+ years ago with bad water 'causing some digestive distress right at the start of a three week trip; even my dog was sick as, well... a dog.  Since then, I've stuck to bottled.

Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:56pm
Say no more.  Never had a problem drinking water filtered by Everpure.  Check it out.  We have traveled all over the Western U. S., drank from many different water sources, and have never had a problem.  I think the statistical charts will have the answer in comparing all that different filters take out.  Get an Everpure and be sure.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
SteveC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 6:40pm

Thanks for the input!  I am looking for a good filter I can place outside the RV to purify the water before it goes into it. I installed an Everpure at work wich covers tap, coffee maker and cold water dispenser and it does a great job...it, however, does not have the flow rate for use as a pre-filter and I do not believe they make one.  I want a one and done filter.  Hopefully someone can locate the link to the box unit one Poder made. 

2014 R Pod 178
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 7:40pm
Here is the water filter box modification.

BagEnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options
  Quote BagEnd Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods: NO COMMENTS PLEASE
    Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 4:47pm
Our first mods...
Water Filter Storage Box
Another view...
Inside view...
Battery Disconnect..

2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 10:31pm
We had issues too years ago and started only drinking and cooking with either bottled water or gallon jugs I fill at home. Getting sick on a trip is a crappy way to kill all the fun.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
SteveC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 11:09pm

Sleepless

That is what I saw and was hoping someone could find and share. Thank you.  It would be nice to know why this person made it the way the did along with directions to make it and all the parts used.  I think I can recreate the setup with parts from Home Depot but not sure what gauge is used and why there are there 2 extra faucet outlets.  Who ever made it did a nice job.  I have the 2 stage filter just need to give thought how I want to put it all together. I bought a water pressure gauge that goes at the water source and it was $60.  The way it is in this set up looks more cost effective.  

2014 R Pod 178
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>