R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed#178 Magnavox DVD Player - Bum!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
P&M View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: #178 Magnavox DVD Player - Bum!
    Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 9:38am

Sounds like you had a blast on your first trip ... and learned what we have pretty much all learned about the entertainment centers in our pods!  We always felt that it would be great to watch a movie when it is raining out, until we actually tried it once.  That 7" screen and crappy sound made us give up halfway through it.

And get used to the visitors asking for a look ... we have yet to go out where we didn't get a couple each day asking about it.

Where'd you end up going?  We are former Seattle-ites ourselves and grew up in Spokane and have camped all over WA state ... miss those mountains and sea!
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
Terry2Cent View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 12:49am
Just took my first trip in my 2014 Model 178 - everything was 10 stars with one exception. The over-bed entertainment center. It has NO headphone plugin - no way to tilt the screen to viewing while lying down in bed (tilts front/back just fine but who is gonna be watching from the kitchen area?) - will not play my MP3 CDs I made (they have always played on all other players I have ever used) - they will not play MP4 DVD movies I have recorded (public domain oldies) - I swear Forest River bought 10,000 of these players that were left over from 1990.  All things considered, my "PodCicle" was a sheer delight to live in. I bet I had 25 people ask for a "look-see" inside. Not one single person expressed a negative comment.  Forest River has a winner with their R-Pods!

By the way, it's totally easy to replace the entertainment center with a more modern up-to-date unit.  WTG Forest River and Blue Dog RV in Post Falls, ID.

Terry2Cent
"You are NEVER lost if you don't care where you are".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12