Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlue Dog RV - Post Falls, ID

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Dog RV - Post Falls, ID
    Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 1:07pm
I purchased a 2014 Rpod 177 from Blue Dog and will take delivery as soon as the snow clears.  
Blue Dog RV was several thousands cheaper than here in Bozeman Montana and they sold it with a fantastic Forever Warranty.  All you have to do is some simple annual maintenance to keep it up and  you can acquire repairs at any qualified RV service and there is no deductible.  Everything has been done over the phone and the process was straight forward and uncomplicated.  We are very pleased with this dealer.
Podding from Montana and loving it!
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 2:41pm
I also used an internet price as a bargaining tool when we bought ours. FR encourages us to buy locally, but sometimes the dealers are their own worst enemies and you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Amazing the differences between dealers, isn't it?

The Forever Warranty sounds interesting and pretty innovative. 
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Boomertype View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by GlobeTrotter

All you have to do is some simple annual maintenance to keep it up and  you can acquire repairs at any qualified RV service and there is no deductible.  Everything has been done over the phone and the process was straight forward and uncomplicated.  We are very pleased with this dealer.
What is the "simple annual maintenance"?
I spoke to them and they told me they were the only dealer to offer this.  Just curious, what the maintenance is, and do they have to perform the annual maintenance?
I've heard great thing about this dealer.
Congrats on your new Pod!

GlobeTrotter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 1:17pm
The provider of this Forever Warranty has a web site:   www.rvwarrantyforever.com

There is no deductible.  It pays 100% of parts and labor costs.  No maximum ownership term.
Covers everything my expensive extended warranty did on my LONG trailer.
Suspension components; brake components; water system components; air conditioning components; kitchen components; Gas System and heating components; Door handles, latches, springs and other interior and exterior components; and the leveling jacks.   There is no towing or roadside assistance.

The required annual maintenance is:

Inspect roof and seal roof where necessary.
Axle and Hub lube.
Furnace - inspect and clean blower, combustion chamber, control compartment (remove any dust, lint obstructions), test gas line for leaks.
Hot water heater - flush holding tank, manually operate pressure temperature relief valve, clean burner tube.

This must be performed by a professional repair facility.  

You may obtain repairs and maintenance service at ANY professional repair facility.  

Hope this info is useful.

Globetrotter
Podding from Montana and loving it!
Boomertype View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 5:51pm
Hey Globetrotter, great info, thanks for the response.
Definitely a game changer when it comes to warranties.

kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 7:21am
That warranty is "interesting"

Considering how much dealers charge folks just to winterize a unit or to do anything I can only imagine how much that annual stuff would cost.  And that list are all things that should already be on your own Spring maintenance inspection.  None of those things take more than a few seconds a piece to inspect or clean.  Maybe to know what that dealer actually charges to do that yearly maintenance inspection would be a decision maker.

So many of the Pod plug and play parts have their own extended warranties form their respective manufacturers.  Granted that's not covering labor for anything so I suppose that's a nice checkmark into that warranty option.

I've always been of the opinion that if it doesn't break in the first year that the curve for whether or not you'll have a true "mechanical" failure of most any system or device falls off so dramatically that a warranty of any type just isn't worth it.

Just a personal opinion but as it is the way of everything in the world, if the dealer stood to not make a profit from offering that warranty then it wouldn't exist.  I can totally see the appeal of that peace of mind offered though.
Zzoyd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 7:09pm
As a prospective 179 purchaser who is temporarily in Missoula I appreciate the feedback on Blue Dog in ID. I have been in discussions w/ Bretz RV here in Missoula and am about done w/ trying to deal w/ them. They won't quote a price. They think I'm going to continue to negotiate against myself. It is also interesting when I put in my zip code on Forest River's site Bretz doesn't come up but Blue Dog does. I was thinking one guy was down the street and the other about 3 hours away. From your comments on this thread it sounds like that six hour drive is worth the trouble. 
/Zzoyd
vtwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 7:36pm
I almost got my Rpod in spokane/Idaho, but Poulsbo did knock it down to be $500 more than Blue dog. I would spent $500 in gas, hotel, food to get there and back.. I was firm and up front that i was getting one the weekend, only thing left was who gets my money...
Zzoyd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 8:21pm
Well, I just got off the phone w/ one of the salesmen from Blue Dog and I think they are going to get my business. Going over to visit w/ them on Monday. Appreciate the info folks.
/Zzoyd
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 8:24pm
Good Luck!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179