Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Smart Phone Travel Apps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smart Phone Travel Apps.
    Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 8:54pm
Just checked out the web site, interesting.  They even had my local state fairgrounds which I doubt many know has campsites.  Not that you would want to use it for its scenic surroundings.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3ofUs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 6:52am
Thanks, just downloaded both.
kylekai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kylekai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 3:08pm
A Forest River iPhone app similar to the myChevrolet app:  
That app doesn't get good reviews, but it has its usefulness.  A Forest River app could help with roadside assistance, show the nearest dealer relative to your current location, and more.

Would anyone else find such an app useful?
fwunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 4:17pm
Hi kylekai,

A noble project to be sure, but I think you would be dealing with a lot of crossover apps and means of accessing the same info - via web browser, google maps, good sam, all stays, etc., etc.

Now if you really want to take on an ambitious project...

Convince the RV industry to standardize monitoring systems much the same way the auto industry has been doing for years (OBD). Then, an app that monitors those systems via the OBD port would be very, very cool.

Tankage (water, grey, black), Battery Condition, Indoor/Outdoor Temp, Reefer Temp, Tire Pressure, etc.

Time to consider a Kickstarter! project! Smile 

fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 8:41pm
...current century and continent.  Oh, wait, this isn't a telephone booth.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Ontheedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ontheedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 9:31pm
I just purchased an app called Allstays. It lists all the campgrounds, all the Wallmarts, all the rest stops, the low overhead restrictions, the loves, pilot, the public parks, it has all the camping clubs, phone and web links for campgrounds etc....I paid $3.99 at the apple App Store. I think it is the one app you need when traveling with a camper. I also purchased a severe weather alert app to warn me if there a tornado or other severe weather in the area.

Ontheedge
2008 Ford Edge
2015 rp179
Appocalexx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Appocalexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:22pm
May be off topic but I do know of a good app that I have used and I also didnt want to start another thread since we are on trip planning apps.
Iv used RoadTrippers in the past and had worked out pretty good, they too have an app for it and im pretty sure its IOS and Android.

Im looking to find a good website to I can work on the trip on the computer mostly. Im not too fond of mobile apps since I try not to use my phone while driving. Also you never have reception when you need it.

Im planning a trip for the summer of 2017 from Anchorage AK to Texas and I am wanting to get the best trip I can on it and idt you can every start to early when planning a trip that long.
fwunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 10:31pm
I used Google Maps to plan a trip last summer. Worked out very well.

fred

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
actionhooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote actionhooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 7:26am
I love using Google Trips and Trip Advisor.
deewelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote deewelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 8:42pm
I'm using Waze when traveling. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>