Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA.C. Nelson - Omaha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.C. Nelson - Omaha
    Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 11:22pm
We had an excellent experience with A.C. Nelson.  We bought the r-pod sight-unseen, but it was exactly as advertised.  They set it aside as soon as we put down our deposit; held it for 3 weeks until we could get there; had it all prepped and ready to go when we got there; and since another one just like it had been reduced, they gave us the reduced price!  Everyone was friendly and informative.  The walk through was very thorough (even though they were prepping and delivering HUGE RV's to other people at the same time.
Since they are so far away, we probably won't be going back to them for warranty and maintenance issues, but we would definitely recommend them and would consider buying from them again.

r-pod 2013 177
TV 2002 Sport Trac
The Pod Couple
Mountainrev View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 6:36pm
This was posted a while ago, but it's what I wanted to hear.  I'm planning to purchase from them as well, and I too live in Colorado (about 2 hours west of Denver, near Vail).  A little scary purchasing sight-unseen, but I've been impressed with the salesman so far, and really impressed with the price, compared to Colorado dealers. 

It was getting toward the end of the business day when I last spoke to the salesman, so we didn't have time to pull the trigger, and he was off the next day, but he said he'd reserve the 177 we're interested in with no money down just so that no one buys it before we can talk to him again. 

Hopefully we'll have as positive an experience as you did when it comes time to buy and pick up.
waterflaws View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 6:33pm
Honestly,  I don't think that you will go wrong.  Again they did a really great job for us.
r-pod 2013 177
TV 2002 Sport Trac
The Pod Couple
ryaninco View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:22am
Hi Waterflaws... And everyone else who reads this... We also had an excellent experience with A.C. Nelson in Omaha.  Pretty much the exact same experience as Waterflaws. 

This past Labor Day weekend we drove out from Denver to pickup a 2014 177 model, sight unseen as well. We put a deposit down a few weeks ago and they held the trailer for us.  We worked with Jeff (JJ) as our sales guy and he was an awesome guy to work with, very knowledgeable and helpful in answering our questions.  The service guys were really good with the walk through.  This is our first trailer and the guy that did the walk trough (I felt) was very detailed in going over how to work things like the water heater, fridge, etc...

No issues with A.C. Nelson here and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Updated post, added picture...
2014 RPod 177 (a.k.a The Little King)
2012 Jeep Wrangler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 4:51pm

Picked our 177 up yesterday from AC Nelsen.  Very smooth and painless.  I totally recommend them.  I just hope we don't end up with warranty issues, and if we do, the dealers in Colorado will be nice about doing the work.
2014 177
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Turbodiesel

"I lift my eyes to the hills."
ryaninco View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 8:00pm
Very nice!  Happy to hear that you had a great experience with A.C Nelson as well.
2012 Jeep Wrangler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by ryaninco

Very nice!  Happy to hear that you had a great experience with A.C Nelson as well.

Nice-looking rig you've got there!  How was your drive across Nebraska and eastern Colorado towing the R-pod?  What kind of a hit in gas mileage did you experience?  We've owned popups for over 20 years, so I'm used to towing, but with low-profile popups, you don't get any wind resistance so you can tow at higher speeds with much better gas mileage.  I was a bit shocked to get only 10mpg with my Durango.
2014 177
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Turbodiesel

"I lift my eyes to the hills."
ryaninco View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Mountainrev

Originally posted by ryaninco

Nice-looking rig you've got there!  How was your drive across Nebraska and eastern Colorado towing the R-pod?  What kind of a hit in gas mileage did you experience?  We've owned popups for over 20 years, so I'm used to towing, but with low-profile popups, you don't get any wind resistance so you can tow at higher speeds with much better gas mileage.  I was a bit shocked to get only 10mpg with my Durango.

Thanks Mountainrev!  The drive back through Nebraska was good actually... Once we got to the eastern co plans... that was a different story... very windy!  We stopped at Sterling Reservoir on the way back for a couple nights to get in our first trip!

I feel you on the gas mileage... I went from about 20.5 on the way out to Omaha to 11.5 towing it back.
2012 Jeep Wrangler
sullyd54 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 9:19am
how does the jeep tow?
vtwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by sullyd54

how does the jeep tow?

Ive got 14 Saharah, 3.21 gears, standard. I pull our 171 in 5th gear 2100rpms 60mph just fine.   Guess it depends how level the ground is where you live, i have to drop to 4th in long hills.. Personally i wouldn't pull one with an Auto unless it had 4.10 gearing knowing how much gear changing it will be doing..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>