R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich Generator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Generator
    Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Seanl

This guy does not make any of the parts he just puts together the kits. 

Pulse fuel pump. $11.45
(snip)

Great post.  With that much markup he should include the tank and fuel line!

My only worry with getting a gravity-fed addition to work is the factory tank is sealed, with emission-prevention stuff added on (some kind of canister and lines running to the carb from what I've read).  This must feed fumes into the engine like cars do, while allowing air into the top of the tank so it doesn't become vacuum locked.  I'll have to either completely bypass that system so both tanks are open to the air at the top, or seal the 2nd tank and extend the emissions control system over to that tank, too.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by techntrek

Originally posted by Seanl

This guy does not make any of the parts he just puts together the kits. 

Pulse fuel pump. $11.45
(snip)

Great post.  With that much markup he should include the tank and fuel line!

My only worry with getting a gravity-fed addition to work is the factory tank is sealed, with emission-prevention stuff added on (some kind of canister and lines running to the carb from what I've read).  This must feed fumes into the engine like cars do, while allowing air into the top of the tank so it doesn't become vacuum locked.  I'll have to either completely bypass that system so both tanks are open to the air at the top, or seal the 2nd tank and extend the emissions control system over to that tank, too.

Yeah mine is not that complicated. I only knew about this mod because it is very like the mod you have to do to a Honda engine for a Go Cart. In Go Carts you want to get the gas back low so you need a fuel pump. This is one of the ways to add a fuel pump. The only addition to that mode is the Marine fuel tank and quick disconect. The only think I would do differently than he did was I would screww a brass 1/4 inch nipple to the valve cover rather that just sticking the hose through the hole in the valve cover. 
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
tprolland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 10:28pm
I want to try this mod on our Champion generator. I found a complete list of parts like the guy from pinellas power products for about 1/4 of what he is charging.The PCV valve has me stumped. Tube, tee, tube then check valve. Is there a right or wrong way to put the check valve into the end of the tube. Hopefully this post finds you. Thanks

podzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:49am
Ok I know you guys are going to beat me up but harbor frieght has one called the predator 3500. it has electric start, eco mode and runs just as loud as the Honda. I picked one up Friday for $649. Also come with a rv plug. Runs the ac like a champ. Lots of youtube video on them. 
2018 R-Pod 178 The(Crooked Pod)
2016Jjeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Casey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:12am
I have a Honda 2000 that's well over ten years old. It starts and runs either the AC or convection oven from eco mode without a problem, but won't run both at the same time.

For extra run time look at the dirt bike auxiliary fuel tanks that mount on the front number plate. They basically double the capacity of the little honda and simply siphon fuel into it as needed.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123