R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUpgraded to Camplite 21RBS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CharlieM View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgraded to Camplite 21RBS
    Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 12:55pm
We brought our new 2014 Camplite 21RBS home this week. We bought it from Little Campers Direct in Aberdeen, MS. Salesman Tommy was great and the deal was great. They only sell direct so they didn’t take a trade in, but they agreed to take the RPOD on consignment. They felt they could get a good price for it and they have a large area from which they draw.

The factory options ordered included: U-shaped dinette, spray on chassis insulation, A/C, microwave, entertainment package, awning, off-road tires and axels, LED light pkg, dual propane tanks.

The factory was very accommodating on mods I requested: Custom designed 4x4 inch rear bumper, black tank back-flusher, added 12V socket in bath, added skylight in shower, dual battery holder, gas/electric water heater. These were all installed with excellent engineering and workmanship. Unexpected upgrades were a ceiling light above dinette and a real 8 inch mattress. That was a real surprise.

We spent one night out on our way home and everything worked fine. One thing that needs work is the cold floor. The temperature got down to 32F and the aluminum floor was COLD! Even with the sprayed on insulation, which doesn’t really insulate but does block airflow, the bare floor is tough on bare feet. The included rug helped, but more floor covering is needed to keep the cold out. Think rugs and Yoga mats. On the plus side the walls and ceiling are well insulated and the windows are double pane. Also the dual battery rack will hold two golfers, but not in cases. I’ll rebuild the rack and fix that.

Overall I’m very pleased with the upgraded camper and Little Campers Direct. The walk-around bed, dry bath, and 7cu.ft. fridge, and slide out dinette make all the difference in the world.  It’s better than a Hampton Inn!  The new TV (supercharged V6 Tacoma) seemed to work fine, but the real test is Colorado next year.

So here are the pictures to prove it really did happen. The only thing I could add is a picture of my check! That would really prove it happened LOL

Enjoy camping,

Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123