This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi from WA...Price?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from WA...Price?
    Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 12:34am
Hi,

two main packages.  one is hood river and the other I forget . No tent.  I try to find the details
bcskimiller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 2:22am
Offroad53, I just got a 178 Hood River  in San Diego, fully loaded cause thats just how our dealer ordered them, but came with TV, bluetooth/DVD stereo, indoor/outdoor speakers, convection microwave oven, AC, dual 6V batteries, weight distributing hitch, sway bar, Prodigy tow controller, everything installed, PDI, that crappy rv starter kit, and was out the door for $18,500 (sale price of 17990 + 500 in "accessories", "Free" PDI. 

Could I have found it cheaper at a bigger dealer...after driving for hundreds of miles...probably.  However, there is something to be said about going to the same dealer 3 different times looking at different models of the R-pod and sitting in them, including the one you are getting to help make the decision.  Then, on delivery day, I was able to get out of work a little early, go thru all the paperwork, car setup and walk thrus and still be home same day for dinner.  That was worth the extra money to me...
Me, the Wife, 3 Kids 5 and under...its Crowded!
2014 RP-178 HRE
2017 Expedition EL 4WD
ReiMan1776 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 3:37pm
Does anyone know what the Hood River Addition adds to the price. I am also in San Diego, dealer prices are high here compared to other areas of the country! Used prices when you can find one are also high in my opinion. I am looking for a 171, 177, or 178. 

When I buy new cars it is easy, $500 over invoice and everyone is happy. I went to one R-Pod dealer and had a bad experience with salesman right from the start, was feeding me bull about weights and tow vehicles. I am limited to 3500lbs, so smaller lighter models are a must. 

The dealer has to make money but it has to work for both parties. 
Dan
Offroad53 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 7:23pm
Hi,

Try search rv trader for prices from other dealers.  Also, get a list of dealers in califonia from RPo and go to all of their websites.  As a general rile, 30 to 35 percent off MSRP is a good price assuming the dealer does not make add on to to MSRP for prep etc.  Some dealers phony up the MSRP.  Finally, prices  are high now because it is summer and in between model year so try to get a 2014.  

I also live in. California.
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 7:51pm
If you are looking for new, have you thought of buying out of state? I would think most HRE go to the west coast. All HRE are made in Dallas, OR. Shipping one to the east coast would be costly. I bought my 177 in Idaho and it came with the HRE package (I wanted that). I saved thousand over my local dealer. I also did not like the pushy salesman.

It might be worth the drive and one hotel to buy out of state in Idaho. I did get a quote from Couch's RV in Ohio and they were the lowest. They are near the Ohio plant and I think they don't pay shipping.

My out of state purchase was great, no hassles. Thank of it as your break in trip. My pod was ready to go when we got there. It had two charged batteries, propane, and water. We slept in ours the first night
Cary
2014 RP-177
Offroad53 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 9:37pm
http://www.funcarsmotorsports.com/VehicleDetail3.aspx?wsid=89&dlr1=160&stk1=26233&dlr2=160&stk2=26205&bs1=RV&kw=Rpod

See above link for prices from a california dealer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 10:45pm
Thanks Off-road This dealer seems reasonable. 

I found a 2013 177 used for $13,500 private party, has WDH, cover, looks to be like new. Comparing this model over the 171, cost and weight. Like the 178 a lot but heavy for my 3500lb capacity jeep wrangler unlimited. 
Dan
bcskimiller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 11:09pm
Dan,
I had good luck with Bobby Combs...ask for Ray in El Cajon, he was an old retired guy, easy to work with, no pressure, which I also hate (PM me I have his Cell if he's not working). I like the 178HRE, if you have time to wait, you could get them to order what you want, not just what they have on the lot. I met Bobby Combs and as he put it, "if there is an option, I order it cause that's how people want them". So right now I'm sitting in Stewart, BC and haven't turned on the TV or AC...ever (in 4 months of owning it) and just used the microwave for the first time ever last night. I paid $18k with every option including the convection microwave, TV, etc. That was out the door with the WDH hitch, sway bar, dual 6V batteries and prodigy brake controller installed and PDI. Plus if I need something (warranty etc) its only El Cajon or Kearny Mesa, not somewhere far away or I'm not going in with a brand new rig I bought at some other dealer. I like I got to look at the exact unit I bought including the colors before I showed up. I took 3 trips looking and talking before I picked this one, so that makes a difference.

Sorry if I repeated stuff from an earlier post...don't have enough internet to go back thru...

BTW, SLIDE OUT!! Every time we are in without it out we remark how narrow it is...

Cheers,
Bobby
Me, the Wife, 3 Kids 5 and under...its Crowded!
2014 RP-178 HRE
2017 Expedition EL 4WD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 12:05am
Bobby - Thanks, I think the slide out is worth it. Sat in the 178 today again Kearney Mesa, loved the layout. 
Dan
Boomertype View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 6:13pm
The Hood River Edition is the one sold in the western states. They are built in Dallas, OR. West coast folks don't have an option to buy without the Hood a River Edition. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>