This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHi from WA...Price?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from WA...Price?
    Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 6:22pm
I understand, just wonder what this adds in cost over the "East Pods"
Dan
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 7:38am
What ever traffic will bear. I would guess between $500-$1,000. Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Kokopod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 10:30am
The Hood River Edition is worth every extra penny, especially if you camp in the mountains and need the extra clearance (as well as larger tires and rock guard).
2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k
2013 Premier 19FBPR
Formerly-2013 R-pod 177HRE
2011 Dodge Durango
Love a good road trip
PB&J View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:24pm
ReiMan - I am not aware of what the Hood River package provides but I gather it includes the risers.  I DON'T have risers and I encourage you to get them, one way or another.  (after purchase from the factory the parts are $150)   The clearance on the Rpod is not what it needs to be.  adding 4" of clearance would be awesome.  I had to remove the factory installed sewer pipe storage unit because even sane driveways would pop the lid off it as it dragged across the ground.  My wife cringes as we approach Every driveway entrance.   :)    (for those reading along, Yes, my hitch height is correct.  Smile   )
Fishflies View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 1:13pm
Our sis bought hood river edition and ,we bought the none edition ,the only difference were the tires ,lol pretty funny. Huh. We have the risers, black plating 

ReiMan1776 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 1:30pm
Yes, Hood River for sure as I do go off the beaten path, desert roads. Larger tires and lift a real plus. 

I can buy new 177 for 16,200 at a dealer, have not made and offer, just his rvtrader advertised price. 

Or, used 177, not seen it with WDH, sway control, upgraded mattress, 2013. $13,500 500 mile round trip drive.

Or just saw a near new 2014, private party an 800 mile round trip, with R-dome asking $15,700 too much for me but have not made offer, thinking $14,000 is the most I would go. I do like the convenient solar port and better TV location on the 2014 over the 2013. 

I will get the wirless prodigy brake controller. Thanks to all those taking the time to chime in.

Dan
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:05pm
Dan,

My quote from Couch's was $13,360. This was for a 177 with everything but the HRE, included the Rdome (I think). But it was in Ohio.

I bought a 177 HRE with everything but the Rdome from Blue Dog RV for $14,500. Drove to Idaho to pick it up. About 300+ miles. They do offer a life time warranty and two batteries.

My local dealer was at $18K something from $24K something and they were at their best. They wanted to deal with a Rdome or under coating or fabric coating. Salesman stuff. Star

The larger tire are the great. There are a lot more choices in trailer tires with 15 inch rims. I am still not sure if off road tire on the trailer are really that important, but they do look good. I don't think the trailer is going to power me out of something. I also wanted the new TV location.

I am originally from Poway. Smile
Cary
2014 RP-177
Offroad53 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 3:56pm
Hi,

Yeah and what is shipping cost , maybe $4000 plus, or how much does it cost to drive to pick it up.

large tires are an absolute for wash board roads.  in fact the RPOD is not rated for any off road except dirt road which is flat with few ruts or rocks.  The frame and construction won't handle the bouncing and the warranty will be voided.

Decide on the types of road you will use before 

Offroad53 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 4:03pm
Larger navigate potholes are rocks better but the thickness of the tire prevents a lot of flat tires.   The typical trailer tire ghastly regular and. Instant flats on gravel roads.  It all depends on the roads you want to go on.  I spend winters in Mojave desert and they are a must
Offroad53 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Offroad53

Larger tires navigate potholes and rocks better and the thickness of the tire prevents a lot of flat tires.   The typical trailer tire goes flat too often on gravel roads.  It all depends on the roads you want to go on.  I spend winters in Mojave desert and they are a must
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>