R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHose connections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hose connections
    Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 10:29am
When I received my Rpod 178 it came with a starter kit that contained some hose fittings.  There's a brass y-valve and a brass pressure regulator.  On both items there's a sticker that says something like "This product contains chemicals known in the State of California to cause cancer,..."

Anyone have any opinions on this? I suspect there's some lead in these brass fittings.  Would this prevent you from using these on your potable water connections?

Thanks,

Cody
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 10:47am
LOL.. I assume you never heard of "prop 65".. EVERYTHING that MIGHT get shipped or sold to/in California has a warning about cancer. Even things like orange juice, telephone poles.. etc etc. Last time we were out there we stayed at the Hilton next to Disneyland, they had the nicest cast bronze Prop 65 warning mounted on the side of the wall next to the entrance you could ever see. LOL."The Hilton BUILDING contains chemicals known to the the state of California to cause cancer." I took a picture of it, but don't know where it is.. Don't worry about it.

If you want, you can google it, and then click through images of everything from bricks to coffee cups with their little stickers.

cody91 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by furpod

LOL.. I assume you never heard of "prop 65".. EVERYTHING that MIGHT get shipped or sold to/in California has a warning about cancer. Even things like orange juice, telephone poles.. etc etc. Last time we were out there we stayed at the Hilton next to Disneyland, they had the nicest cast bronze Prop 65 warning mounted on the side of the wall next to the entrance you could ever see. LOL."The Hilton BUILDING contains chemicals known to the the state of California to cause cancer." I took a picture of it, but don't know where it is.. Don't worry about it.

If you want, you can google it, and then click through images of everything from bricks to coffee cups with their little stickers.

Thanks for the reponse furpod!  I hadn't paid attention to any "prop 65" stuff before.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 11:25am
One thing you should be worried about - never use green hose for drinking water.  It does in fact contain lead and will leach into the water if it has been sitting.  If you let the water run for a minute you are ok, but still not recommended for a camper.  Consumer Reports had an article on this years ago.

Use the white hoses which are designed for potable water.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 11:58am
maybe that's what's wrong with me..........drank out of to many green hoses growing up!!
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 6:09pm
You will be OK as long as you don't smoke or eat the brass in California.  It is known to cause cancer in California but nowhere else.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply