R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Important - check this every time you set up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 22>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Important - check this every time you set up
    Posted: 31 May 2014 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by jmsokol

Make sure they're Maryland Crabs, not those things from Texas or the west coast.

There is a different crab than a Maryland Blue Crab?! Can't be! LOL

And, there are thousands of different kinds of seasonings and then there is Old Bay. It's an easy choice.

BTW, I am sure your demonstrations are eye openers for a lot of folks.

fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
jmsokol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jmsokol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by fwunder

And, there are thousands of different kinds of seasonings and then there is Old Bay. It's an easy choice.

I drive about 50,000 miles a year teaching my sound mixing classes, so I get to eat out all over the country. However because I grew up in Maryland, I've given up eating crabs or shrimp anywhere in the country except the east coast. I hate being disappointed since there's simply nothing like Old Bay for crabs and shrimp.

Now every area of the country has it's own food specialties, so I love real New York Pizza in NYC, and Lobster in Maine is fabulous, Salmon in Seattle is the best, and brisket in Texas is out of this world. So don't think I'm dissing your area of the country, because I've been there and loved your food. But I've learned not to buck the system, so crabs in Indiana are a big mistake and a hamburger in a Chinese restaurant is just wrong. That's why I always ask the locals about the type of food they eat at home, then that's what I look for in a local restaurant.

FYI: My twin brother is flying back from California to Maryland for our birthday party in June, and guess what he asked for on the b-day menu? That's right, a bushel of blue crabs plus shrimp steamed in beer and Old Bay. Yummm.  Thumbs Up

mike@noshockzone.org
www.noshockzone.org
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 10:48pm
Hopefully your schedule will coincide with a few of the upcoming R-pod and FR get-togethers, if those that are organizing them are interested.

I need a bushel of crabs now.  Our personal rule - always order the biggest ones they have.  I'd rather have a half-dozen extra-larges than 2 dozen mediums.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jmsokol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jmsokol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by techntrek

Hopefully your schedule will coincide with a few of the upcoming R-pod and FR get-togethers, if those that are organizing them are interested.

Are there any East Coast R-pod or FR events I should be aware of? Remember, I'm located in western Maryland.
mike@noshockzone.org
www.noshockzone.org
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 9:29pm
None that I know of in the near future.  We have an Events section, I just looked through it and the only ones close are one in KY, and a potential one in the northeast if plans are firmed up.
TR_Alaska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TR_Alaska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 6:43pm
Wow, many thanks, especially to techntrek and jmsokol. (And I have read jmsokol's articles on the other site, too) I just received my NCVT (the one techntrek just got), so I feel much safer. I also got the voltage tester that fwunder got. I am also insisting that my wife read and understand this stuff, too. We are both new to RVing.  THANK YOU!
2015 RP178 - 2000 Toyota Tundra
jmsokol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jmsokol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by TR_Alaska

Wow, many thanks, especially to techntrek and jmsokol. (And I have read jmsokol's articles on the other site, too) I just received my NCVT (the one techntrek just got), so I feel much safer. I also got the voltage tester that fwunder got. I am also insisting that my wife read and understand this stuff, too. We are both new to RVing.  THANK YOU!

You're most welcome. Glad we could help.

mike@noshockzone.org
www.noshockzone.org
betsypgarmy@yahoo.co View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote betsypgarmy@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 11:55pm
Looked at the You Tube Video. Excellent. The speaker mentioned you may have an RV (RPod) that is not properly maintained. Explain?

Thank you!

The Conways
RPod 177
2012 Toyota Highlander
Betsy and Jim Conway
Two Scotties
2012 Highlander
2012 R177
jmsokol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote jmsokol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:16am
Extension cords with cuts or pulled out wires are a big cause of hot-skin voltage. As are cheap, molded dog-bone adapters. The RVs themselves can also have problems internally as I've seen the twist-lock shore power connector lose the ground lug inside which I assume was from too much lateral force on the plug while attached. Also I think it's a good idea that you check the tightness of the screw connections inside your circuit breaker panel every season, especially if you've traveled a lot of miles which tends to make screws vibrate loose. That should probably be part of your spring de-mothballing. However, this screw tightening isn't a factory recommendation, it's my own theory based on decades of trying to keep sound gear running that's been hauled around in a truck. I'm working on some of these recommendations with Gary Bunzer (the RV Doctor) and we'll be ready to make some official recommendations on this subject later.
mike@noshockzone.org
www.noshockzone.org
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 6:53am
The twist-lock on my pod went bad last year - not the ground though, it was either the hot or neutral.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 22>