R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Campers Flea Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedITEM SOLD - Paha Que R-pod NEW Visor - Event Date: 19 Jun 2014 - 14 Jul 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: ITEM SOLD - Paha Que R-pod NEW Visor
    Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 7:41pm
Why did you sell?  We are looking to buy a visor but are wondering why folks are selling theirs......thanks for helping us understand the good,bad and ugly of the visors!  
Avid Camper
2015 Model 178
2007 Ford F150
ontheroadagain2 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 12:25am
Smile Avid Camper, Our reason was fairly simple.  We had the R172 for about a year.  Used it a couple times and realized we wanted more room.  We had an R-dome and the Pa HaQue visor.  We used the R-dome only once out in black hills of SD.  It worked great as it added a huge room of open/closed privacy any time of the day.   We had the visor with us; but never had the opportunity to ever open it up.  I'd checked it out before selling it to be sure it had instructions and realized it was really very simple and easy to set up.  Slide the one long flat end with the 'bead shape' into and through the "C" channel and then prop it up with the assembled aluminum poles.  It seems to be very quick.  It was roughly 10' wide and arced out about 5' away from the side of the R-pod.  I have nothing against it what-so-ever and would think it would provide shade or rain protection for the entry rather quickly.  Maybe that is the only negative I can foresee, that 5' out and arcing back on either side isn't enough.  I'd keep inquiring to get an answer from someone whose used it several times to get that "answer full of info" you're seeking!  Good Luck
'04 Americamp M 270RKS 5er @ seasonal site
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12