R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedscrewing in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: screwing in
    Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 7:39pm
I bought a paper towel holder and want to mount it in my 182G "Kitchen" slide out.  However, I'm not sure where is the best place to screw it in because the walls seem so flimsy and I don't want to hit something behind the wall/slide that is important.  Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with this?
Thanks!
Matt
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 9:00pm
For heavier items (like a shelf) molly bolts work well to secure things to the walls.  If you examine the wall carefully, you'll see the staples used to secure the wallboard to the studs - they're filled with silicone filler and not too hard to spot.

But, for something light like a paper towel holder (or a clock, or a picture/art, or a mirror), as long as it has a fairly wide base, you may want to try something like Scotch Mounting Tape.  I've used it for mounting various things to the interior of my rpod over the years - its very secure, long lasting and removes without damaging/marking the walls.

Personally, I mounted my paper towel holder to the underside of the wood cabinet with mounting tape and screws.  You may want to consider one like mine (link - I'm not sure why they picture it mounted vertically like that) which has "springs" which will keep the paper towel from unraveling while you travel down the road.  Yes, it was a bit expensive, but it matches my rpod's faucet and cabinet hardware and it holds the paper towel securely.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
gpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 11:31pm
Good stuff!  Thanks for the tips.... exactly what I was looking for.
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply