Topic ClosedCouch's RV Nation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couch's RV Nation
    Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Newsguy12

< snipped to here>
...  I'm waiting for that enterprising inventor who will figure out how to put an awning on a Pod.
<rest snipped>

Sorry I'm late to this chat, but PahaQue makes a visor that's kinda cute .. and pricey (~$300).

HTH
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
Blue's Pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:56pm
We purchased our 2015 pod from Couch's in August and had it delivered as close as they could get to our house in the mountains.  Once we got it home we were able to do a complete walk through.  We had some issues that were due to Forest River's quality control.  That we were able to fix ourselves.  Brannon at Couch's handled the items like a missing cutting board for the sink and a broken shield for a light cover.  We have had a great response from Couch's RV via e-mail and phone.  And Brannon at Couch's has been great to work with from the beginning buying process till the end.  Thumbs Up
rpod13225 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 10:08am
I called Couch's and there price was great.. The only other dealer that could beat there price was Big Daddy Rvs. I have also heard couchs do not prep units they buy so many they just ship them untouched. I decided to buy from other dealer and received a free prep, free propane, free battery, free starter kit and walk around from driver at delivery. Very pleased of big daddy rvs.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:27pm
Couch's did do a prep on our 2015 Pod.  What I mean by prep that we got was Free Battery and box, Free fill of Propane, Sewer tube storage already mounted, and Free starter kit that had the following things water pressure regulator, rv toilet chemicals, fresh water hose, water filter, power cord, power cord 110 adapter, chocks, rv toilet paper, sewer hose, and a multi fit sewer adapter that fits the various sizes of sewer connections.

We also received the R-dome with our pod.  I would not consider that part of the prep.  And I don't know if that is now standard for Rpods in 2015.  We were happy that it came with our pod. 

The driver also did a walk around with us to make sure there was no damage in delivery. Then he opened it up and we looked inside.  He did mention as a driver he was only responsible for the outside. 
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 9:57pm
"Free" stuff .. Personally, I don't think anything is free.  It all has a cost.  If I get something thrown in, it's because somebody is trying to clinch a sale.  Sweeten the deal, so to speak.  Don't misunderstand; it's great to get extra stuff but I wouldn't let $20-30 worth of goodies swing me over.  Our walk-out price  was good & had the R-dome, the spare tire, two batteries (I paid extra for the second one) & covers for the propane tank (filled) & spare.  I was happy.  Would have been a whole lot happier, though, if some glitches had been caught by them rather than me.  The goodies wouldn't have meant much if I'd been 1100 miles away before I found 'em.  YMMV.
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Luv2Q

"Free" stuff .. Personally, I don't think anything is free.  It all has a cost.  If I get something thrown in, it's because somebody is trying to clinch a sale.  Sweeten the deal, so to speak.  Don't misunderstand; it's great to get extra stuff but I wouldn't let $20-30 worth of goodies swing me over.  Our walk-out price  was good & had the R-dome, the spare tire, two batteries (I paid extra for the second one) & covers for the propane tank (filled) & spare.  I was happy.  Would have been a whole lot happier, though, if some glitches had been caught by them rather than me.  The goodies wouldn't have meant much if I'd been 1100 miles away before I found 'em.  YMMV.

I do agree nothing is for free when buying.  We were surprised by the starter kit and it was not part of our negotiations.  I don't know how many of the included options were standard from Forest River and which ones were added by the dealer.  We were concerned about the dealer not being local and gave that some thought before buying.  All in all we are happy with out decision to use Couch's.  If or when we have a problem that can't be solved via a shipped replacement part to put in ourselves then we will have to find a dealer that does warranty work for Forest River. 
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 6:20pm
The "free stuff" sounds like the stuff that came with our pod.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Unclewillis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 6:21pm
We bought our 176-T from them and if there is one thing to recommend it would be to have them provide every little detail. For instance we agreed to a purchase price with all the goodies over the phone but when it came time to sign the purchase agreement the inventory list didnt include hardly anything. so that took a good day to figure out and get the right paperwork. We did all of this over the phone.
so...dont sign without reading everything, which is common sense anyway
Daddy, Mommy and Daughter.
BlackJack & Keno (boston Terriers)
Rpod 176T 2015
Nick:
ouR-pod
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 8:49pm
Common tactic, I've seen it personally.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Leighbeelu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:50am
Hello Blues Pod, Can you tell me who your salesman was as I am purchasing from Couch's right now and they are saying that the starter kit is not included. I can't believe that these necessary items are not included with the sale. Thank you, Leigh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>