R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRefrigerator beeping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refrigerator beeping
    Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:47am
So, a light in a small pod fridge is kinda moot, the fridge is 10" deep, easy to see all!

Not very necessary, I think. Leave it out and no more beeping!
rawest50 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:12am
How long will be fridge operate off the battery when traveling down the road.
2017.5 RPod 179
2017 Jeep Unlimited Wrangler
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Off Road Crew Cab
2 Weiner dogs
Great wife puts up with my BS
❤️ Thoroughbred Racing.
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by rawest50

As long as the TV is charging the battery. Be advised that the load of an additional battery (or two) in your trailer is more than some TVs can handle. So you should be aware of what the charging system on your TV can handle.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 3:23pm
The fridge has 2 conditions that will beep. #1 the easy one is the door isnt fully closed. Mine requires me to sometimes push the upper right corner till i hear it click, to stop the beeping. # 2 is the door latch sensor. It can get built up with condensation which shorts out the switch and causes the beeping. You need to actually remove the latch sensor, and load it up with die electric grease over all the contacts, so that the moisture cant get to it, and then close it up. There is a youtube vid. You could just disconnect it and leave it disconnected, your choice.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by GlueGuy

Originally posted by rawest50

As long as the TV is charging the battery. Be advised that the load of an additional battery (or two) in your trailer is more than some TVs can handle. So you should be aware of what the charging system on your TV can handle.

If you put your multi meter into DC volts, and you place one contact on the upper right connector, and one contact on the lower left connector, you should read 13.6 - 14.1 volts. If you read that, you should be able to run the fridge on battery as long as the T.V. is running without any problem. I use battery when i'm towing, never had a problem yet, although my longest tow has only been 3 - 4 hours. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
I'll be rpodding
Blitzkrieg3002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 10:07am
This happened to me and my wife when we took our newborn and 2 year old out camping last summer.  I spent about an hour to hour and a half trouble shooting the issue.  The door was latching and light was turning off but beeping continued.  I knew it had to be a sensor issue.  I took it apart and cleaned it probably three times.  no matter what i did i could not get it to stop.  I ended up pulling the PCB and ripping out a little round thing what i thought was the speaker just so i could get through the camping trip and stay sane.  

What's very strange is that after this everything was going good for a while then about an hour later the fridge light stopped working. When we open the door.  it was working fine for a bit after i pulled the pcb round speaker? then stopped. did i damage the pcb? everything else with the fridge works great still.  I'll have to trouble shoot into the light to see whats going on 

2015 182G
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 11:13am
Generally speaking, I would say that " ripping " things out is probably not a great repair strategy. It's your camper, so you can do as you please. I just would caution you that some of this stuff can get expensive to replace. Usually there is a cheap and easy fix for most problems. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
I'll be rpodding
Blitzkrieg3002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by mjlrpod

Generally speaking, I would say that " ripping " things out is probably not a great repair strategy. It's your camper, so you can do as you please. I just would caution you that some of this stuff can get expensive to replace. Usually there is a cheap and easy fix for most problems. 

Hey man i agree, I am a very hands on DIY person.  Maintain and work on all my own vehicles, but when you've got a baby crying and another kid screaming and a frustrated wife needing help, all while your camper is beeping loudly at you constantly, no wifi and just a fridge manual to Trouble shoot. things get pretty hectic.  I was lucky i got the amount of time i did to try and repair.  It let me down and in the end I was out of options.   We were able to salvage the trip and have a great time once I got rid of the constant beeping.
riotkayak284 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 1:41pm
This is an easy fix... Pull the tape off running from the back to the door latch assembly... See the wires running in there, encase them in silicone and allow to dry.... Re-cover with tape and no more sounds... it is caused by condensation running down the wire onto the PCB.
Wirat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 5:21am
Originally posted by riotkayak284

This is an easy fix... Pull the tape off running from the back to the door latch assembly... See the wires running in there, encase them in silicone and allow to dry.... Re-cover with tape and no more sounds... it is caused by condensation running down the wire onto the PCB.

Riotkayak, do you have a photo of this area you can share? I would like to see and be sure in case it happens to me down the road. Thanks
2019 R-Pod 191
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>