R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRefrigerator beeping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refrigerator beeping
    Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 5:34pm
We are out on our first trip in our new rpod, and after a day at the campsite, our refrigerator started beeping. Every minute or two for 20 seconds it beeps. We have checked to see if the light was turning off when we closed the door and it was. Finally, we disconnected the interior light and it stopped. Does anyone have ideas on how to fix it? Is it just faulty? We have a 2015 178. Thanks for the help!
Kermit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 6:17pm
Make sure the latch for the door is actually clicking shut. Just noticed ours doing this today in the driveway hooked to ac power. The door was sealing shut but not fully latching. Push in until you feel it click.
'14 182g
Towed by various Jeeps
Bulldogpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 11:09pm
thanks , Kermit, but it was clicking shut. I' m certain. I keep thinking maybe it was just a bad censor or something. Tried to call the company, but just got a voice mail telling me where the closest dealer is.
rascalrv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 12:34pm
Mine is doing the same thing. The door clicks shut. 
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 7:31am
Thanks everyone! I still can't get the door to click shut, but it is cooling well. I'll tinker with it a bit more. That has to be it. Appreciate the help!

Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Bulldogpod

Thanks everyone! I still can't get the door to click shut, but it is cooling well. I'll tinker with it a bit more. That has to be it. Appreciate the help!

There is a little lever on the latch that stops the door from closing. It is there to prop the door open when in storage so that it can breath. Also the latch can be disengaged so that when you are at the campsite you don't have to push the latch to open the door. I don't know what the beep is mine only beeps when it is on gas and runs out or on electric and I unplug the pod. I did have to reset mine once. I don't know if yours has the same model but to reset it I push and hold the selector switch until all the lights go out and then push and hold it again until they come back on. 
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:35am
Ah! Thanks so much, Sean! I thought I was going crazy. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the door to click shut. Much better! 
Kilblaan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 8:08am
We have a 2014 178 and just had the same issue. We first tried tightening the lower right hinge on the the Dometic refrigerator to realign the magnets, but still beeped. Tried pushing in the off switch with the door open and the LED light didn't quite turn off so I disconnected the LED light - problem solved. Noticed a lot of moisture under the plastic covering plate over the door switch - I've removed it permanently. Clearly the LED light circuit was causing the fridge to think it was open. Any thoughts out there on how to remedy this and reconnect the LED light without triggering the fridge open alarm? How could we disable the fridge open alarm?
Puck Podders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 8:56am
Ours starting beeping after the power was unplugged. I forgot to push the battery icon on the fridge. (first trip)That stopped the noise. Been fun finding out the particulars of the rig. So far all has been great.
Rick & Wilma
'Hairy' Gracie
2015 178
GMC Sierra
Mikhailt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 8:45pm
Had this issue today and couldn't figure out what's going on till read some of the posts here. Went and wiped excess moisture from inside the casing where the LED light by the latch lock and that fixed the problem. Thank you for your posts.
Emily, Mikhail and Dmitry
2 yellow labs
2016 Rpod 178
Toyota Highlander 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>