R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlack Water Tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Water Tank
    Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:39am

Hi,

We are new Rpod owners and new to RVing, we just picked up the Rpod 178 about three months ago and did a short two day stay at a local KOA. We both loved the Rpod. Last week we took her out for a two day stay at the ocean and had a great time. On the way home I thought I would empty the black and gray tanks as they were showing 2/3 full. The black water tank dump fine but I hooked up the black water tank and could not see any clear water or anything more coming out of the tank, yes the water was turned on. All of a sudden water started to flow out of the bottom of the Rpod. I tuned the water off and went inside and had water on the floor and in the bath room, I was not sure what was going on. I went back and empty out the gray water tank. We headed home; once I got home I called the dealer and got an appointment in two weeks to drop it off so they could look at it. I have spent 30 years working in facilities maintenance and hate it when things don’t work right and I don’t know why. I searched the forum for black water tank flush, and found a reference to a check valve under the sink in the bathroom for the black water tank. I hooked up a hose to the tank flush and had my wife watch the check valve while I turned the water on and guess what we had water coming out of the check valve. Not sure if it is installed wrong or broken but I will let the dealer fix it under warranty, at least I can tell them what is wrong with my Rpod. Good to know I was not doing some thing wrong.

I love the forums people helping other people out.   Thanks all. 

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:51am
Since you have already gotten to it, It has a "flow direction arrow", make sure it's pointed the right direction. Quite a few have been found to be backwards..
 Post Reply Post Reply