R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSewer Hose storage - Event Date: 02 Aug 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Sewer Hose storage
    Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 1:29am
I was looking for a better way to store my sewer hose.  I saw on other RV forums where folks used a 5x5 PVC fence post with a PVC Gutter as a slide out.  A simple dowel cut for a handle, screwed in from the sides.  It also doubles as a sewer line support if needed.  I saw many ways to attach the PVC Post, but ended up just bolting it to the frame with a washer/bolt.  Used it the first time this weekend, man it works great!!!!  Doesn't look too bad either.  Has room to store my 90 degree attachment as well...  Here are the pictures...   The end caps are held on with small bungie cords to eyelets.  Whole thing cost me about $48, parts at Home Depoe for the PVC, local hardware store for nuts & bolts...  Only adjustment I had to make was move a Propane line clamp attachment forward about 3-4 inches (EASY).
Tman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 1:34am
Most pics didn't load...  Here is a completed shot
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 6:31am
Really nice work!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 9:12am
Very nicely done!

I took a slightly different path, ordering a 61 1/2 D&W SuperTube to hold a 15' RhinoFLEX Hose and fittings. It doesn't have that super cool slide out that you have and it cost a little more ($77.34 w/shipping), but it was a perfect fit and 10 minute install with 4 stainless self-tappers.

I quickly found the sewer hose that came with the pod to be too short and messy. The 15' RhinoFLEX Hose w/clear swivel fitting makes a much more meaningful poo path.

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 12:00pm
Nice work Tman and fwunder. Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
WillThrill View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 12:31pm
I got one of the big (5"x60" I think) tubes they sell at Camping World. I didn't really want to try to drill into the frame, so I used some heavy duty zip ties. I'll keep an eye on it, but it's on there tight and doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon.
"Not all those who wander are lost." Tolkien

2014 Hood River 177
2005 GMC Envoy XL
Tman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 3:56pm
I would say ANYTHING to keep that hose out of the R-POD is the right thing!  I had fears of it leaking all over my stuff.  So 1st trip it was inside a garbage bag in the truck bed, 2nd trip with this one went as advertised.  And as far as zip ties goes...love em.  My "go-to" MacGyver tool.  Use them for about everything.
Tman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 3:59pm
Super tube looks great.  The dealer gave me the x-long hose during purchase, also didn't fit the factory tube.  I now have an electrical cord in there.  I have been thinking about the clear connector.  Is it worth having?
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Tman

Super tube looks great.  The dealer gave me the x-long hose during purchase, also didn't fit the factory tube.  I now have an electrical cord in there.  I have been thinking about the clear connector.  Is it worth having?

The clear connector does make the process a bit more interesting. More importantly, it takes the guesswork out of when you've flushed the black tank pretty well. I tend to flush the black tank every time I empty just cuz it's easy. I do carry a separate 25' length of garden hose dedicated to black tank flush.

I'm thinking that slide-out thing you came up with would be a great place for me to stash some fishing poles!! Thanks! 

fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Tman

I strongly recommend the HydroFlush.  It has all the advantages of the clear connector but enables you to flush the grey water tank and hose, which you normally would not do.

2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>