R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Anti-Sway bars - Event Date: 27 Aug 2014 - 31 Aug 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Anti-Sway bars
    Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 9:27am
Yes, you will be fine. 

We're planning a trip to the west coast, and some friends and fellow podders who've made that trip suggested that due to potential high crosswinds we might want to add a single sway bar before crossing the mountain ranges between there and Michigan. Cost for the sway bar and hitch adapter plate was $70 delivered from eTrailer.

We've never had any serious issues with a simple bumper hitch, but after installing the sway bar, the wiggle we got in the occasional crosswind or when being passed by a semi has been eliminated. So depending on where you plan to tow, this may be something you want to consider.

With your vehicle a weight distribution hitch shouldn't be needed. I don't have one on my pickup.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 5:45am
You are well within your tow vehicle weight limits. It will really depend on your towing experience and comfort level.
Happy Podding!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
rickincambridge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rickincambridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:00pm
I've got a 2011 Ford Explorer with a towing package and 6,800 pound towing capacity. Do I need anti-sway bars and a different hitch installed like the R Pod dealer recommended?
rickincambridge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123