R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedToy Hauler Liquidators in Fresno?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toy Hauler Liquidators in Fresno?
    Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:07pm
Anyone purchase from Toy Hauler Liquidators in Fresno?  They seem to have some pretty good prices for r-pods.  For a 179, the price is about $2,000 to $3,000 less than the exact same units here in San Diego.  Seems worth the trip to Fresno to me, unless I hear something bad about them?

JStrube View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:13pm
I stopped in and saw them all there.  They were helpful.
2012 181G
kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:14pm
That's good to know.  The sales person is very responsive when communicating via email.  I worry there's a catch on why their price is so much lower.  I'll find out soon I hope.
Whatmud View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 10:21am
There was a dealer in Ky that was about 2000 less, but I suspected the same thing.  I'm sure doing warranty work would be difficult locally, and I didn't want to drive a couple of hours to get it done, so I bought here.  I thing they had rolled in their warranty forever into the price.
kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 11:06am
I was under the impression that you could get warranty work done at any r-pod dealership?  The local dealership told me his customers come first for service work, but otherwise they'll do warranty work.  $2,000 is a lot of money to save even for a 6 hour drive!
Whatmud View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 12:55pm
Yes, it is a bunch, but the other quote did not include any tax(which was over half the difference), risers, license, etc.  I suspect the idea was to get me in the door, high pressure tactics.  We did not get that locally.  I have also heard of tactics that put a warranty repair of a purchased elsewhere unit at the bottom of the list.  As the saying goes "You get what you pay for".
kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 12:59pm
In my instance, I'm comparing apples to apples.  Both units are identical.  Both are price plus T&L.  No PDI or anything else.  The local prices is $2K more.
JStrube View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:14pm
THL deals in volume.  They are not a stocking RV doo-dad dealership, you walk in, they have trailers, hitches, that's about it.  If you want to browse flagpoles, toilets, dog toys, and a selection of 4 different poop hoses, go down the road a bit, Fresno has about 4 RV dealerships.

The salesman was courteous, they had sales rooms for signing off on paperwork, and cold water to offer.  It was 108 degrees outside when we went by & they took time to walk us around a bit.

I would do the complete walk-through before leaving though, as you are a ways away.

If I did not buy used, I would have purchased from them.  I drove 12 hours away to buy used though...
2012 181G
kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:30pm
Good to know, thanks!
R-PodInsider View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 3:15pm
The manufacturers have what is call "Minimum Advertised Price" or "MAP" pricing for short. They only allow us to advertise a price so low. Many dealers violate these terms and the manufacturers wont go after the bigger dealers because they sell allot more product than the little guys. I am not here to advertise my business in San Diego (i am a proud owner of a 2013 R-Pod 177) I can tell you I will meet or beat any r-pod dealers pricing. If you ask for the owner or manager of my place. Happy Pod'ing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>