R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGas mileage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas mileage
    Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Leo B

That is some great mileage!!
Yes it does well  , this truck was  sourced with fuel mileage in mind. It's towing  99% of the time as my work truck with a 3000 lb trailer. I get  14.6 mpg week in and out working it in stop and go/mixed driving. It gets 18 @ 62 with my other trailer on the interstate. 
R-Pod'nFJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 6:16am
I'm completely happy with the mileage I got on our first trip. Normally when I'm not towing my combined city/hwy is around 18, and 20-21 on strictly hwy. I pulled our 179 through through some hilly terrain and when we got home from the last fillup I averaged almost 13mpg. If I was on flat terrain the whole way I have no doubt I would have been in the consistent 14mpg range, maybe even higher.  I'm very happy with how my FJ pulls the 179. I use D4 without OD so at 60mph I was at about 2350-2400 RPM. 
14 Cement Gray FJ Cruiser
15 R-Pod 179
71 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
71 Honda CB350
75 Honda XL350
81 KZ550 Ltd. street tracker project

Scott & Kerri
Pooterpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:25am
Originally posted by R-Pod'nFJ

I'm completely happy with the mileage I got on our first trip. Normally when I'm not towing my combined city/hwy is around 18, and 20-21 on strictly hwy. I pulled our 179 through through some hilly terrain and when we got home from the last fillup I averaged almost 13mpg. If I was on flat terrain the whole way I have no doubt I would have been in the consistent 14mpg range, maybe even higher.  I'm very happy with how my FJ pulls the 179. I use D4 without OD so at 60mph I was at about 2350-2400 RPM. 
I can lock out any gear but only do so on long grades. I will sit on 2000 or 2500 rpm for really steep grades. Generally I let the computer pick the gear in tow\haul. Ford has really done their work on transmission shift strategy. For my truck tow haul changes shift points, automatically downshifts on downgrades and according to the local Ford tech pumps up shift pressure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234