This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ladder - Event Date: 18 Sep 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Ladder
    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by GlueGuy

I've used those, but they scare the bujeezus out of me!

The only scare I get is when collapsing it. I just have to make sure I keep my fingers below the rungs.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:13pm
+1 to GG, I have had one for years and think it should be OK for emergency rpod roof access but I would suggest not to try to go any higher.

I got onto our house roof once using it and really had to be careful getting down as the wobbling was quite ummm, "unsettling"...and remember to check all the connection point plastic pieces before each use, I have one bracket that cracked near the top step.

Safety first!

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:34pm
Each year, there are more than 164,000 emergency room-treated injuries and 300 deaths in the U.S. that are caused by falls from ladders. Most ladder deaths are from falls of 10 feet or less.  https://www.nachi.org/ladder-safety.htm
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by lostagain

Each year, there are more than 164,000 emergency room-treated injuries and 300 deaths in the U.S. that are caused by falls from ladders. Most ladder deaths are from falls of 10 feet or less.  https://www.nachi.org/ladder-safety.htm

That being the case make sure you are at the top of a 12' ladder or taller and don't forget the parachute.LOL
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 1:08am
I broke my hip falling from the second step of a ladder onto concrete. Hairline fracture so not a surgical candidate. 6 weeks in a wheelchair instead.

So +1 to LA, height isn't the issue, getting the right ladder for the job and using it properly and with deliberation is. I can't imagine a reason I would ever again get on a ladder that was not actually fit for purpose. There's nothing on top of an rpod that's worth breaking a hip or dying for.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 10:25am
I once fell from a forty foot ladder. When I hit the ground, it wasn't really much of an impact and I didn't even feel any pain. I was really lucky I was only on the first rung. 

2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
mamcaloon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamcaloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:36pm
We cover our Rpod when we put in storage for the winter and getting the cover over the top with the AC and antenna is always a challenge.  We have used a length of PVC pipe with one end covered so it doesn't tear the cover but it's still a challenge to get it over everything on the roof while standing on the ground. I think that small retractable ladder is the answer to our problem and likely better than having FR install a ladder on it because we can place the ladder where we need it to be to reach over the AC and antenna.
M&M
2016 183G
2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
anniefranz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote anniefranz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:25am
I will carry a ladder with me so I can sweep off the top of the slide before I retract it.

Anne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123