R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWarranty particulars as of Sept, '14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kymooses View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty particulars as of Sept, '14
    Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by fwunder

So do you purchase the extended warranty from the dealer or directly from Forrest River?

Is there a cutoff time to purchase? Does anyone have a Forrest River contact? Our one year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks.

I too have never been a big fan of extended warranties, but after dropping my iPhone (shattering screen which I repaired myself...ughhh) and buying a new $$$ home fridge cuz bad GE compressor after 5 years, I'm starting to rethink the extended warranty thing. They just don't make like they used too. Remember those old refrigerators that lasted 25+ years and those 1980's iPhones! ;)

Thanks!

fred

The paperwork for the warranty says it needs to be sent in within 10 days or purchase.  But I've seen a lot of times where the warranty lady extends that for people who have never heard of it or didn't hear about it until later.

Coming up on your 1 year, I'm not sure about that though.

Protection Plan Department
1803 Century Drive
Goshen Indiana 46528

Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by fwunder

So do you purchase the extended warranty from the dealer or directly from Forrest River?

You should be able to buy the warranty through your dealer.  But, you can also buy it through Forest River.  There should be information in the package with your owner's manual, and you'll have 30 days to send it in.  There will also be information from the appliance manufacturers on warranties they offer.

I do suggest that you take a good look at Forest Rivers' second-year warranty - I think its a great deal, and I know many others around here do too.  The other warranties (including dealer warranties)... well, make sure that you know what you're getting into - they might be right for you, they might not.

But, its a great idea to contact Forest River ahead of time and ask.  Check out the Contacts thread (its in the Reviews and General Information forum).

-edit-

One caution: Forest River does not have a staffed call centre filled with agents ready to take your call.  They've got two overworked people who do their best to answer the questions as they come in.  It will take a business day or two (maybe three) to get back to you.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 4:36pm

Is there a cutoff time to purchase? Does anyone have a Forrest River contact? Our one year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks.

I too have never been a big fan of extended warranties, but after dropping my iPhone (shattering screen which I repaired myself...ughhh) and buying a new $$$ home fridge cuz bad GE compressor after 5 years, I'm starting to rethink the extended warranty thing. They just don't make like they used too. Remember those old refrigerators that lasted 25+ years and those 1980's iPhones! ;)

Thanks!

fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by techntrek

And often we've read here that dealers only mention/push the more-expensive add-on warranties that are backed by private companies.  Which I can understand, they make money off of them.

yuh, that get's brought up a lot as why that little sheet gets left out accidentally.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 1:02pm
And often we've read here that dealers only mention/push the more-expensive add-on warranties that are backed by private companies.  Which I can understand, they make money off of them.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Luv2Q

Originally posted by kymooses

Forest River offers a 2nd year warranty from themselves for $150 for new Pods.

If that's the parts-only warranty I mentioned, that doesn't sound like much of a warranty.  Is the one you're talking about parts and labor?

it extends the initial 12 month warranty, it does not mention that it is only "parts" and it goes on to mention that repairs must be made by authorized Forest River repair centers etc.

i've never seen anyone complain who has bought and used it that it only covers parts but then again not many people know about it.  it's an often times lost piece of paper from dealers.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 8:04am
Yup, especially the one they put in the pods.
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:00am
We also purchased $150 extended warranty after pricing the frig. Unbelievable what that thing costs!!
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by techntrek

I never buy extended warranties, but I did buy the $150 2nd year warranty for the pod.  The parts, especially for the imported fridge, can be way more than labor.

When I first read this, I thought "Well heck, if the dang fridge breaks, I'll just go buy a new one rather than fool around with repairs."  Then I went over to Amazon and priced some RV fridges like Dometic & Norcold.  Quite an eye-opener.  Dead They're proud of those things, aren't they?  Makes the $150 parts warranty look pretty good!

Thanks, Doug.

John
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 10:15pm
I never buy extended warranties, but I did buy the $150 2nd year warranty for the pod.  The parts, especially for the imported fridge, can be way more than labor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>