R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRhino Flex storage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhino Flex storage
    Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 12:15am
So just some self tapping metal screws should do the trick? I might use washers too in order to avoid too much pressure on the plastic mounting bracket.

Originally posted by Luv2Q

I don't know that I picked the "best" place for the SS tube on our 171, but I installed it just behind the sewer connection.
Any pics?
2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport
2009 R-Pod 171
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:48am
I recommend #14 Stainless Steel Hex Head sheet metal screws and flat washers. Pre-drill pilot holes and be careful twisting them in to avoid breaking the screws. Stainless is brittle and hard. 
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 10:44am
Galvanized or zinc plated 1/4" Steel Hex Head self tapping lag bolts and stainless washers.  Mark the hole locations with a pen, use hammer and punch to pre-spot the hole, drill small (1/8" ) hole first , then 80% the diameter of the lag screw. The lag screw will then be easier to drive, no danger of breaking or "walking" away from the location you spotted.

My sewer carrier is just in front of my step near the door. Each end has a hatch, I only use the drain side door. It easily holds the entire RhinoFlex hose system.

2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
thegrandpoohbah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 12:19am
So just an update. My Super Slider had originally shown up with one end broken due to shipping damage. DWI was awesome to deal with and they shipped me replacement parts right away. Fast forward to today as I was getting ready for this weekends camping trip. The passenger side door is gone and my Rhino Flex is missing. I believe it broke off somewhere on my last drive home and the hose just slid right out as I made a left turn. I am really questioning the quality of materials they use to make these things. Now I have to order another Rhino Flex and I am back to square one as far as storage. I am leaning towards a Rubbermaid tote bin in the bed of the truck. Anyone know what size tote would be good for the 15' kit?
2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport
2009 R-Pod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234