R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed177 transtion to 179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 177 transtion to 179
    Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:30pm
Hi everyone,

We finally took delivery on a 2015/2 RP-179 trading our 2010 RP-177. We waited for the outside shower and updated colors. The slate interior is what we got.

We live in Georgia and our driveway has as steep down pitch from the street. Our tow vehicle is 2005 4RUNNER.

A couple observations share:

#1 Hitch: The 179 drags coming in or out of the driveway. The 179 has more weight towards the front of the coach (i.e. hot water etc.) and the distance from the axle to hitch is a longer on the 179 vs. the 177. Both our 177 and our 179 are equipped with the riser. The 177 was no problem. We decided to get a weight distribution hitch. Might be an overkill but that problem will go away.

#2 Exterior Storage: The 179 RDOME is a tight fit in storage compartment. We had to take the poles out of the bag, the store the RDOM bag and chairs stacking the poles on top on a angle avoiding the compartment door. The rest of that bit fills up quickly. The 177 had quite a bit of exterior storage that will be missed.

We did loved our 177, but I am sure we will adjust ok.

We need to find an inaugural trip. I have heard of a "Forest River Owner Group" (FROG) event in Alabama near the space camp OCTOBER 2014.

Has anyone been to FROG event?
I'd like to take 9 year old to check out Space camp.

kymooses View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 5:12am
Many of us attend a lot of the FROG events.  We have owners at the Mackinac Magic event right now.  Several going to Ashtabula, a few doing the Southern Lights one.

I know Podders who have done the Washington Cherry Festival one, and the Niagara Falls Adventure.

Myself I've attended the Tadpole Rally, and the Goshen International.

They are a lot of fun, Forest River really does some fun things for them, even if it's just a campout event they are always fun.

Anytime you can Rally with other like minded folks is a fun time, and you can't beat Space Camp either!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply