R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShopping experience and a question...or 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shopping experience and a question...or 2
    Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 5:51pm
Ended up having a water leak in the water heater (turned out to be a bad Heat Element gasket), but the local R-Pod dealer WOULD NOT touch it. Very abrupt , and matter of fact, "No, we do not have to service any RV we don't sell"...

Wow, if Forest River knows about this type of policy with one of their dealers and comdones it - shameful!

I purchased from Cheyenne Camping Center and so far I am getting good warranty service from my dealer. They have worked with Dometic to obtain a new fridge door and have referred me to several options within my area to get service.

Podster - thanks to your review we have found this dealer and plan to buy from them. Maybe theh have a referral program
Melissa (and Buck)
2015 RP 178 aka Podimus Minimus
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:03pm
Best of Luck! We should also work on that Southern Texas Rally! 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Podster

Hill Country?  Port Aransas (if we can find space amongst the Winter Texans)?  We ought to be able to find something without much trouble, no?
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
MissyBuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Luv2Q

Originally posted by Podster

Hill Country?  Port Aransas (if we can find space amongst the Winter Texans)?  We ought to be able to find something without much trouble, no?

I vote for the Hillcountry!  Have you ever been to Inks Lake State Park?  Pretty awesome.
Melissa (and Buck)
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:43pm
Let me step in here and make an observation, because it was stated "If I am out on the road in June and have an issue"

This is WHOLE different issue. If you are "on the road" away from home, and have a emergency issue, you are going to A) look all over BFE, or at least the part of BFE you are in, find the closest dealer, and B) discover that when you are ON THE ROAD with an issue, any decent dealer is going to do everything in their power to get you back on your vacation trip as soon as possible. They know you didn't buy from them.. because you aren't from there..
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by MissyBuck

I vote for the Hillcountry!  Have you ever been to Inks Lake State Park?  Pretty awesome.

I've heard that.  Never been there though.  Sounds like a plan!
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by furpod

Let me step in here and make an observation, because it was stated "If I am out on the road in June and have an issue"

This is WHOLE different issue. If you are "on the road" away from home, and have a emergency issue, you are going to A) look all over BFE, or at least the part of BFE you are in, find the closest dealer, and B) discover that when you are ON THE ROAD with an issue, any decent dealer is going to do everything in their power to get you back on your vacation trip as soon as possible. They know you didn't buy from them.. because you aren't from there..

Thanks, Mark.  That sounds a whole lot more reasonable and in line with what most people toting around an expensive toy would expect from the selling organization (as opposed to just "dealership").
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 12:52am
Originally posted by ToolmanJohn

< .. snipped to here .. >

100% true... I bought from Couch's in Ohio, I live in Connecticut, and a dealer of R-Pods is 15 minutes from my house but was $3000+ more than Couch's. So i drove to Ohio, and towed the new Pod back.

Ended up having a water leak in the water heater (turned out to be a bad Heat Element gasket), but the local R-Pod dealer WOULD NOT touch it. Very abrupt , and matter of fact, "No, we do not have to service any RV we don't sell"... Couch's had to call around and find a Forest River dealer (40 minutes away) who would fix it. They did not sell R-Pods but were very good about doing the work (even though it took 2 attempts, and a lot of towed miles back and forth to get it done).

Same experience on price as ours.  We drove from TX up to Ohio to buy from Couch's.  Rather than turn right around & head back, though, we overnighted at Couch's lot (water & shore power hooked up).   Found a small leak in the city water line + a bad entertainment system.  Fixed first thing next morning & no problems since.

If you drive any distance to pick one up, the advice we got was to stay in the area at least one night to test everything.  Sure paid off for us.  

As luck would have it, a new RV dealership (which carries FR) recently opened up and is only  around 15 minutes from us.  Needless to say, we're getting to be friends.  Smile
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 7:18am

Originally posted by MissyBuck

I've heard that.  Never been there though.  Sounds like a plan!

Inks Lake is a nice park, been camping there for years. 
Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
MissyBuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 10:02am

Originally posted by ToolmanJohn

< .. snipped to here .. >
100% true... I bought from Couch's in Ohio, I live in Connecticut, and a dealer of R-Pods is 15 minutes from my house but was $3000+ more than Couch's. So i drove to Ohio, and towed the new Pod back.
Ended up having a water leak in the water heater (turned out to be a bad Heat Element gasket), but the local R-Pod dealer WOULD NOT touch it. Very abrupt , and matter of fact, "No, we do not have to service any RV we don't sell"... Couch's had to call around and find a Forest River dealer (40 minutes away) who would fix it. They did not sell R-Pods but were very good about doing the work (even though it took 2 attempts, and a lot of towed miles back and forth to get it done).

Same experience on price as ours.  We drove from TX up to Ohio to buy from Couch's.  Rather than turn right around & head back, though, we overnighted at Couch's lot (water & shore power hooked up).   Found a small leak in the city water line + a bad entertainment system.  Fixed first thing next morning & no problems since.
If you drive any distance to pick one up, the advice we got was to stay in the area at least one night to test everything.  Sure paid off for us.  
As luck would have it, a new RV dealership (which carries FR) recently opened up and is only  around 15 minutes from us.  Needless to say, we're getting to be friends.  Smile

Good advice!   Thanks!
Melissa (and Buck)
3/4 Ton Suburban TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>